homemade

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built an enclosure it is made of 18mm craftwood it is 1900mm long 1200 high and 600 deep it has a removable divider in the middle and has an opening door on each side with locks, solid veiwing glass at the front. It has two ceramic fittings one each side and one thermostat each side. As it is so high i am going to get heat mats for the floor to help with digestion. All up it cost about $ 600 - $ 700 including heating. They love all the climbing room.

Carly

wow sounds good... is that for lizards? or snakes? sounds pretty high for lizards...
have you got a pic of that carly? would luv to see it...
nev

It houses two murray darling carpet pythons it is fairly high not as high as I wanted it though I wanted it 1600mm high but couldnt get the wood at a reasonable price they love it. I have pics im going to put them in my gallery cos i dont know how to post them in here my gallery is just under carly689 Ill have them in there in a few mins hopefully.

Carly

Sweet looking enclosure miss 689 :) Just one thing though, isn't it difficult to get at parts of the fixed glass for cleaning?

Hi Neven the photos are in my gallery now. No Africa I can fit in the enclosure if i have any trouble cleaning thats why I have a door on each end so I dont have to worry about squeezing past branches to clean the glass at the other end. I do have trouble cleaning right next to the branches that are screwed to the bottom cos thats where they always sh!t and its a little hard and time consuming getting it all clean. Now that youve seen it do you think that 950mm long * 1200 high * 600 deep is enough room to get a good heat gradient.

Thanks Carly

Hi Carly, my enclosures are 1200 high too, definately enough room for a nice gradient from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back