Horny Scrub Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can anybody give me some advice on what to do with a 10 month old scrubby that wants to pee when i pick it up as well as try to root my hand. I have never had a snake before that has ever acted like this.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:
if its a female - just go with it, nothing wrong with a little interspecies erotica, chicks do that stuff with donkeys in tijuana all the time.

if its a boy then im sure the govt will allow it one day

hope my advice helps :)

I sure hope he grows out of it as he keeps wanting to wrap his tail around my hand. I think i might clean out his enclosure as i had a female olive in it a few weeks ago.

If you got this scrub from Pails, then I happen to know the exact snake that you are referring to.
It is not trying to root your hand, it is hanging on... something you might want to be mindful of when it is 14ft...

It wasn't bought from pails. It gets its hemis out when it squeezes and there is quite a bit of fluid.

/

Last edited:
...Get him a girlfriend? Either that or just have a few wines and go with it lol

It's not trying to 'root your hand' it's a defensive mechanism, similar to what's seen in a lot of monitors when they don't like being handled. You can always tell who's had experience in keeping this species. Those who haven't first comment is 'They need keeps of room!' or 'They are really nasty!'. Those who have kept them, seem to complain about the most-rancid smelling urine in the animal kingdom being sprayed on them when trying to get them out the cage.

Thanks for that Tiliqua. I feel a lot better now and will hope that he grows out of it. He does pee when i lift him out of his enclosure.

This is the funniest thread I've read in ages just read it out to hubby we laughed and laughed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back