Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what you are considering as a second snake Moose.

Yeah, his plan is to get one, knock the gate keeper off, then buy a heap of other snakes with the insurance money.

Ooops, you told me not to tell anyone didn't ya moose?

so whats the story with antivenom on these guys when you keep vens outside theyre natural range do hospitals still carry the antivenom for them? i take it that coastal taipan antivenom dosent work against inland taipans because of the toxicity difference?

i must say that taipans never really tickled my fancy but after the talk that toxicologist held last night i must say they are gorgeous snakes

also if you get tagged and get yourself off to the hospital i take it you pay for all the used vail's 100% because you keep the animal as a pet?

also before im jumped on i said "pet" simply because this is what outsiders will see it as.....

another question is dosent antivenom only have a shelf life of 6 months?

Kenshin, yes the larger Hospitals do carry antivenom, PA Hospital do, also they have polivailant (spelling?) which covers most vems....also it does have only a self lifes of 6 months and no you dont pay anything for the treatment either...

Re: RE: HOT FOR YOU

peterescue said:
Is this what you are considering as a second snake Moose.
Magpie said:
Yeah, his plan is to get one, knock the gate keeper off, then buy a heap of other snakes with the insurance money.

Ooops, you told me not to tell anyone didn't ya moose?

lol The Gatekeeper was looking over my shoulder last night and saw a post where someone said "Oh, I forgot Moose isn't allowed out on his own!" hehehe My arm is really sore today! :lol:

But yeah, keep it a secret Mags Shhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol:

RE: Re: RE: HOT FOR YOU

yeah one vail is about $800.00 and it could take upto 3+ to get you out of the poo

RE: Re: RE: HOT FOR YOU

agamidae dont they normaly recomend 4-6 vials of polyvalent antivenom straight up then if your not lookin good another 4-6 vials?

dont know Kenshin...more than likely...a person not long ago needed 9 vails to pull him good. Inland Ty bite

I found out moose I was allergic to antivenin when I was nailed by my death adder when I was 18year, they had to pump me full od adreneline (not a proud moment I must say) it has to with me not accepting horse blood...it doesnt help be allergic to horses in the first place...lol

Re: RE: Re: RE: HOT FOR YOU

Kenshin said:
agamidae dont they normaly recomend 4-6 vials of polyvalent antivenom straight up then if your not lookin good another 4-6 vials?

CRikey!! If I get tagged A bandaid does the job! I love my harmless Baby! :D

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HOT FOR YOU

They will administer antivenom in amounts as required. Polyvalent is used when identification of the venom is impossible because the dangers with its use are far greater.
This is from Mooses link
"As Polyvalent Snake Antivenomconsists of antivenom to severalof the local snakes it is a verylarge injection. It should not beused if the type of snake whichcaused the bite is known, as thespecific antivenom for thatsnake will be just as effective,and less likely to cause sideeffects than the large volumePolyvalent Snake Antivenominjections."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back