House roaches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouncer

Reaction score
We are having problems with those horrible little roaches in our python enclosures. Anyone know of any natural remedies for roaches or any way to kill off the damn things without harming our herps? I think my lizards must eat them as I have no probs in their homes.

Have a chat to your local pest control dude about AMDRO COCKROACH GEL. Its made by BASF, kills by ingestion ( the roaches eat it ). Fumeless, odourless. Active constituent is hydramethylnon.

Secondary poisoning? Thats why i say talk to them about it, we have it in our place and no bad effects to our lizards, monitors or geckos ( but no roaches now either ). The pest guys or Sdaji could decifer the msds alot better than me. I'm not reccommending it, just suggesting it should be looked at and disussed with a professional to see if it will suit their needs.

http://www.basf.com.sg/uploads/files/AMDRO cockroach Gel MSDS.pdf

Yeah, just TOD the whole enclosure, prolly wouldnt hut to leave your snake in there. You could feed the dead ones afterwards to cause its meant to be harmless... dont quote me on this tho

The main problem is the whole house. I have over 50 reptiles here and refuse to use sprays or dusts so Im looking for a natural solution. I could TOD the enclosures but the roaches will just end up back again. And while there's no proof, There's no way I'm feeding any TOD'd roaches to my lizards. The cockroach trap sounds good. I could get a few and put them all over the place. Thanks Jenny.

if there the ones i think your meaning little tiny roaches dont get caught only larger ones

German roaches. They suck hardcore!!!

Too small to trap, and cause we keep animals, they are too hard to exterminate. Plus, for me living in a apartment block, it doesnt matter what i do, they run down the pipes ect and just come back when the air is fresh again.

Id like to find out about this gel stuff too, sounds promising.

yes germans thats them worst ofall roaches breed inside eletrical applices near impossible to get rid of

I just wouldn't risk feedding the normal household cockroaches to any of my animals if i had lizards as who knows what germs and bacteria they're carrying.Not worth the risk feeding them.The roach traps sound like the go and then kil and get rid of them.You should be able to make your enclosures cockroach proof,i've never had one in any enclosure in all my years of keeping snakes but i get some big suckers round the house but the house geckoes take care of most of them...

Maybe some trap that lures them in and they get stuck and drown or something similar.

Save your coffee jars and the like bouncer, paint fluon on the inner rim, add attractant of your choice (bannana peel?) theyll go in but wont get out, just put on the lids and hurl em out! or empty and reset. no threat to the pets! :D

~simple things in life always work best!

If that dosent work, go American, use bombs and missiles, solves their probs! Anything will blowup! :lol:

If that dosent work, go American, use bombs and missiles, solves their probs! Anything will blowup!

Make sure to remove the snakes first though...... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back