housing Q

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehunter

Reaction score
I have come to a cross-roads as whether to house a pair of stimsoni (when they are about a year old) together in a box approx 76 L x 46 D x 50 H cm, and have a shelf in there for added floor space, or to house them separately in a shelving unit divided into two boxes measuring about 86 L x 36 D x 35 Hcm. I would prefer to house them together to save costs on heating, thermostats and glass etc and also space. I know a few people that keep pairs of spotted pythons together, I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the matter. What are the chances of cannabilism and how long after separate feeding could they be placed back in the cage together (would the smell of rodent on the snakes cause them to try to eat each other?)

thanks for any info

Go ahead and keep them together, as long as they're the same size you don't have too much to worry about. I'm sure Bob would concur with the housing of Stimmies together. As you said, feed them seperately and they can pretty much go back in together a few minutes after they've finished their meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back