housing questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JET

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i live in sydney, and have a 1 year old diamond.
Am i too far south to keep her in an outside enclosure?

No, they come from Sydney.

But dont take your snake from a warm place and then put it straight outside in the cold, cool it slowly.

Personally, I don't think so. As long as it's protected from the weather you have a warm area for it to move to, you should be ok. JMO of course! ;-)

Diamond pythons are capable of with standing cooler conditions so you should be able to keep your diamond outside. If i were you id wait another year or two so just so he/she can get a bit stronger.

I agree with Playwell and demansia. If its in a nice warm cage dont just get it out and put it in an outside cage if the outdoor temps are cool, it'll be a bit of a shock. Turn the heating off in the enclosure overnight so its temps drop and then put her outdoors in the morning so it can bask to warm up. Sudden fluctuating temps can (but usually dont) bring on a respiratory infection.

Also, like demansia said wait until its a year or two older. It'll be able to handle the outdoor temps better and thermoregulate better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back