Housing skinks together...need advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trista

Reaction score
I have been offered to take an adult unknown sex shingleback lizard but currently have no spare tank for it.
I have a 4 foot tank that houses two adult eastern blue tongue lizards. Their sex is unknown, although I'm pretty certain that after not breeding for the 5 years they have lived together, that they are the same sex.

I've heard of and seen in large environments that they two species can live together but wanted some advice. Has anyone got shinglebacks and blue tongues living together and what problems have you experienced?

A four foot tank would be a bit cramped even for your two adult BT's, adding an extra lizard will only increase stress levels for all. Either build them a large out door pit or house the shingle back in a tub for now until you can give them more space. I have seen the 2 housed together without problems but in a much much larger area. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice.
My blue tongues are quite happy in their tank. They have plenty of floor and climbing space and use it all, but would love to get them something bigger soonas they just keep growing haha. I have one spare 3 foot tank for the shingleback in the meantime but was hoping I could cut back room if they can happily live together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back