Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any plans for coastal taipans Austherps?

They are the one venomous snake I would love to keep as they seem so deliberate in their actions whenever I have seen them in captivity. Though I know I will never commit the time and energy to get confident enough to keep one they are still my dream captive snake.

Also, how often would you get your brown snakes out of their enclosure? Must be a bit hairy :shock:

I'll be looking into coastals over the next year or so. My partner isn't all that into the vens, so most of our 'reptile money' at this stage is going into pythons to be fair. Steven's Banded snakes are pretty high on the list too :D

The browns get handled once a week for cleaning and feeding. They're generally not too bad, but every now and then they have an off day and decide to go nuts, not wanting to be hooked etc. I take the stance that you've got to be pretty persistant with them though... you don't want them learning that they can thrash around their enclosure and be left alone. I've been told that keeping two browns together seems to calm them, maybe something to look at in the future.

Cheers,
Austy.

well I started with vem's first then moved onto python, I wouldnt recommend it that way but thats all we had around in Melbourne when I was a kid, I had tigers, copperheads and white lips.....

Great looking snakes in the pictures shown. I would like to keep Vens eventually. My girlfriend is okay with me keeping them so long as they do not get out and harm the children. So i will have to be 200% sure the enclosure and rooms they are in is escape proof first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back