How do i incubate a wild bird egg

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggs And Candling

go into a pitch black room and put a bright torch up to it and you should see the red viens and the air sack [up one end] unlike herp eggs they should be rotated several times twice a day [the hen bird does this naturally] if the egg is jelly inside it doesn,t look good but don,t give in yet waite at least a week, with a good strong torch you can actually see the heart beat at 5-9 days...ps those temps l gave you earlier are right not BS....WR

go into a pitch black room and put a bright torch up to it and you should see the red viens and the air sack [up one end] unlike herp eggs they should be rotated several times twice a day [the hen bird does this naturally] if the egg is jelly inside it doesn,t look good but don,t give in yet waite at least a week, with a good strong torch you can actually see the heart beat at 5-9 days...ps those temps l gave you earlier are right not BS....WR

thankyou i will vouch this is the right advice to. this is a bird not a reptile.

i would leave them for a few more days though they are most probably dead. only problem is the gas buildup can cause a rotten egg to explode :shock: and beleive me it stinks. i have incubated geese,chickens,ducks,guinea fowl,quail all at 39 degrees so 37 might be a bit cold.

Egg Temps

Dragontamer is dead right for those temps he/she stated but birds [cage birds and similar are 37-37.2................cheers WR

ok thanks
Well ill keep trying ive uped the temps now
and dragontamer if the egg does explode its in my brothers room
so i wont have to worry about the smell lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back