how do you price your snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ectotherms

Reaction score
I am selling my murray darling python and im not sure how much to ask. I dont want to get ripped off but i dont want to ask too much and not get any response. He is around 3 years old, approx 8 foot (2.45cm) and the thickest part of his body has a 10inch diameter. He is in beautiful health, very passive and loves to be handled (like most murrays)
thanx for your help :)

Put him up for what you think he's worth, say you're open to offers. If there are no takers within the first few weeks, lower your price by $50, then in $20 increments.

Why would you think you will get ripped off. Hatchy average between $120-$150. I would sell him cheap so you get lots of offers and then pick the one who sounds like they'll look after your pet the most

no one seems to price there snakes atm, just look at the for sale threads lol, must all be free hahahhaah

I'd say between $200-$300. I'd recommend that you dont say you'll take offers, it often makes the potential buyer uninterested. Or at least it would for me

Last edited:
Depends on how bad you want to sell it, see what the average price there going for and put that in.
If your in a hurry to sell then lower the price, if your not then leave it be.

He is around 3 years old, approx 8 foot (2.45cm) and the thickest part of his body has a 10inch diameter.QUOTE]

3 years old and 8 feet which is 243cm. Thickest part of body 10 inch which is 25.4cm does that sound about right I could be wrong and sorry if I am but is this feed on steroids or what.

personally with my animals i look at the quality/colouring and temperement and what id be happy to pay for an animal of that quality

Do what bunnings does and charge per foot.....
If you throw up a pic we will tell you if you have average looking murray or something special...

hey sorry guys for info on the snake im new to this and im not sure what u wirte, he is about two and a half meters and its 10inches circumference. I was just wondering caus i was looking up murray darlings and people are selling ones about my size for $300-$400 and i paid $800 for him.

If you could post some pictures,I am sure some of the MD keepers,breeders + others could give their thoughts on patterning,colour regarding the price.

You paid $800 for a murray....does it lay golden eggs?
hey sorry guys for info on the snake im new to this and im not sure what u wirte, he is about two and a half meters and its 10inches circumference. I was just wondering caus i was looking up murray darlings and people are selling ones about my size for $300-$400 and i paid $800 for him.

hey ectotherms,
im a south aussie too and might possible be able to offer him a good home :) PM if your interested and i will tell you what im willing to offer for him, but he will be promised to a good home and i have a big enclosure just waiting to have a big snake to call home :)
cheers
Andrea

i dont even remember murray darlings being worth $800 10 years ago. wouldnt worry about what you paid as its already gone. if you sell it and get more than $300 your done well

yeah, i know that now but im gald i got it away from the previous owner, the guy that had it was under feeding it and the cage was way to little, it wasnt even a third of his body length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back