How embarrassment

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the anecdote. It was very refreshing to read a no rubbish account of an envenomation. You don't hear too much about bites from the "mildly" venomous elapids, it was an interesting, informative and much appreciated read. What I've heard about swamp snakes is that they're extremely painful but not too dangerous, it sounds like your story goes along with that... lucky you! (Ouch!) Still, better that than something killing you painlessly I suppose :)

lutzd said:
Really looking forward to the book now, Fuscy! Should be a great read! ;-) :)
What should I call it? Considering that I have now been bitten by a (very small )shark, a moray, a clown trigger fish ( that hurt, I was reaching into its hole to pull it out and thought I had it by the tail. Wrong :eek:pps: ), a horse, a monkey, x numbers of spiders and insects, heaps of parrots, dogs, cats, rats, a kookaburra ( big beak, pathetic bite ), cichlids, stung twice by scorpion fish ( the second causing armpit pain and I had hooked the largest tuna I ever landed while still envenomated ) and, of course, pythons.
Animal Imprints?
The Dental Dodger?
Antipodean Enamel?

Talking about horrible bites, When Tramain (Indicus) was over here in Port Hedland he had a good nack of getting this extremely nasty Corrella to let him be patted and even kissed. I watched Tramain do this on a daily basis and one day foolishly decided to do it myself. I lent down and said, give us a kiss cocky. That bastard of a bird nearly ripped my bottom lip right off and for two months coffee would dripple out of the grove it left in it. Never ever again.

"We knew a snake would get him"! :lol:

Great read Mark, glad it wasnt serious mate. Lookin forward to the next Adventure, A la Fuscus! :D

Lol you have issues if u were to panic like that after being bitten by a urinate piddle snake like that.

If it happens, just take a few valium

You obviously have a lot of knowledge to share and a bright mind Brodie but your lack of humility and willingness to shoot others down really detracts from your contributions.

Good read Fuscus;
Always a pleasure to read some real herping accounts.
Good to see your out there. Alot more to herps;
then keeping them in a cage.....good on ya!!!
Dave; i did mention; not to kiss every bird you came across :lol:

A well told tale Fuscus. All the different bites is also interesting. I'm actually quite jeolous.

Best i could do with bites last weekend was a few ticks, couple of leeches, a rainbow lorikeet, several Bell miners, Eastern Whipbirds, Grey Shrike-Thrush, Golden Whistler, Pied Currawong, Red-browed Finch (but it was a big tough one) etc etc and lots of punctures from bird claws (while catching and banding birds). I've come close a few times in the bush, but yet to experience the joy of being tagged by a snake. :lol:

re How

PilbaraPythons said:
Talking about horrible bites, When Tramain (Indicus) was over here in Port Hedland he had a good nack of getting this extremely nasty Corrella to let him be patted and even kissed. I watched Tramain do this on a daily basis and one day foolishly decided to do it myself. I lent down and said, give us a kiss cocky. That illegitimate child of a bird nearly ripped my bottom lip right off and for two months coffee would dripple out of the grove it left in it. Never ever again.
Brilliant LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great story Fuscus..... Glad it was you and not me.. Though I probably wouldnt pick up any snake withoout a hook or tongs.. All bar my own that is... Good to hear you are recovering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back