How high is too high and how hot is too hot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfg23

Reaction score
Last night my jungle python fell from the curtain rod about 8 feet high
He is 12months old and fell onto very plush carpet but I am still a little worried. He has no noticeable lumps or bumps and is still moving around normally.
Is a vet check recomended here?

Before anyone flames me I have used the same curtain rod for my big bredli for the past 12months to climb on and 3 other yearling carpet snakes all use the same perch when they are out of their enclosure to climb around on, and I really didnt think arboreal snakes, especially jungles would turn unco and fall.

My other question instead of making two threads is how hot is too hot for a bearded dragon outdoors?
After reading the thread the other day where the poor guy had his beardy pass away because it was out in the heat for too long I am very cautious.
There is lots of shade and a pool of water for her to cool down, but I am a bit unsure what they can tolerate.
I have measured temps with an IR gun and in the shade its 30-35 and in the full sun the log is nearing 60degrees. She has spent all day in the hollow of the log where its shady and before I noticed her gaping from in the shade so I gave her enclosure a hose down.
Tomorrow is going to be 40 in Adelaide which is 5 degrees hotter than today, Will she be ok all summer as long as there is shade and water all the time?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back