how many eggs do they lay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matto

Not so new Member
Reaction score
How many eggs would an average clutch be for the followinw snakes

jungle

murry darling

childrens python

black head

Jungles and MDs would be able to get to about 30 methinks (more even)
Childrens can get up to bout 20.
BHPs I've heard only get to about tennish. (may be the reason for the price difference)

This is estimates and there are people who know better and more accurately than me but this is a rough amount. Cheers

Thanks Munkee for the info. Now Matto, for interests sake, can we aks why you want to know this??

Thanks

As per Barkers figures....

Jungle average 16
Md 21
Childrens 13.5
Black head 9

These are averages and sample sizes are usuallly around 20 odd.

But we can guarantee you that NONE of your Childrens will actually lay 13.5 eggs. :)

peterjohnson64 said:
But we can guarantee you that NONE of your Childrens will actually lay 13.5 eggs. :)

As an accountant I thought you would appreciate the theoretical numbers :wink: plus they were averages, you would probably prefer the mean figures? Those bell curves of numerical distribution are misleading at best?

pete,
I own a jungle at the moment and i was wondering if it was worth getting another one to breed or to get two md or two bredli for the same price.

Depends on how you define 'worth it'. If you want to breed them for the experience go for it if your thinking profit margins I'm not sure that reptiles are as profitable as some think. If you want another species or a mate for you first If you can afford it I say go for it.
My two cents though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back