How much for a 100% het for albino jungle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a funny topic this one.

Once upon a not too long ago I remember people getting abused left right and centre over intergrades/crosses. Purists were up in arms about people crossing diamonds and coastals and calling them intergrades, even though they are naturally occuring. God help anyone who thought of crossing more detached sub species.

Then the jag phenomenon came about and all hell broke loose. A few years later and its commonplace. hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about it Beard. I was all for it until it became clear it wouldn't be a pure species snake, now I'm a little less sure.

Either way at the moment it's just a pet so things may evolve over time and I may decide to do somethging different...

Go for it if nothing comes of it you will still get your money back on the hatchies. Who knows you may just crack an awsome looking albino. That will get em talking lol:D

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about it Beard. I was all for it until it became clear it wouldn't be a pure species snake, now I'm a little less sure.

Either way at the moment it's just a pet so things may evolve over time and I may decide to do somethging different...

I've always been of the opinion that people should be free to breed as they please provided they are honest when it comes to selling offspring. Unfortunatly some people are just after money and will throw anything together, lie about the genitics and charge top dollar.

The key phrase of yours here is

"Either way at the moment it's just a pet so things may evolve over time and I may decide to do somethging different..."

If its a pet then it doesn't really matter what its purity is does it, as long as YOU LIKE the snake.

Last edited:
as long as it is advertised for what it is i see no problem with it. There is room for pure and mixed bloodlinesi feel. It is when people try to pass off an animal as pure, like the albino murray darling at the easter show, that is when problems can evolve.

Yeah well that's it. And as you said if I do decide to breed it will be about breeding for personal interest and obviously I'd tell people exactly what they were getting, ultimately it's up to them then whether it's what they want.

.....Once upon a not too long ago I remember people getting abused left right and centre over intergrades/crosses. Purists were up in arms about people crossing diamonds and coastals and calling them intergrades, even though they are naturally occuring. God help anyone who thought of crossing more detached sub species.......

[-_-] ... no.

Sorry, Port Macs.......................

Can you then explain how they're not naturally occuring????

They are naturally occurring, but they are not just the result of a coastal and diamond breeding together. They have 'evolved' over many many years of them overlapping and are NOT the same as someone randomly chucking a coastal and a diamond together.

Purists were up in arms about people crossing diamonds and coastals and calling them intergrades, even though they are naturally occuring.

There are not two distinct populations of the two breeding together and producing intergrades. It is considered an intergrade between the two, a gradual overlap, if you will. Therefore, someone throwing a Brissy carpet over an Eden Diamond cannot be considered to be producing intergrades.

There are het for alnino jungles but they are crossed with het for albino darwins the offspring would be interesting

yeah I realise that there is potentially millennia of evolution in the eentual outcome of intergrades, that they just aren't the result of someone throwing a diamond and a coastal together. I was generalising to make a point.

If you guys search hard enough on here on APS you will find pics of het albino Darwin X Jungles that look like pure jungles... you would be hard press to see any darwin characteristics in them. If it wasn't for the owner saying they were a X anybody would say they are pure cheynei...

even albinos spotted in the wild need to be caught and have the gene line bred. There is the rumoured albino diamond spotted in the wild but i haven't heard anything about that animal being in the hobby. Plus the legalities of capturing wild animals.

albino spotted pythons were breed not caught people if you dont know what you're talking about... (google it and become an expert ;))
it will be crossed with a darwin you can breed back to jungles and get the darwin % lower by the time it 75% jungle 25% darwin it becomes very hard to tell if its pure or not if you do this please keep good records and sell them for what they are so people dont mix with pure jungle by mistake and there was female 100% darwin/jungles for 200 awhile back so males would be around 400

Last edited:
albino spotted pythons were breed not caught people if you dont know what you're talking about... (google it and become an expert ;))

I think he meant albino that have been spotted in the wild, not wild spotted albinos :)

Just out of interest. Say you crossed an albino darwin with a jungle. How many generations would you have to have, if breeding back into 'pure' jungles, before you can call it a jungle again? I suppose its like having an ancestor who was of a different race. after a few generations, the genes are still there but for all intensive purposes you are what you are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back