Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veredus

Reaction score
I was just wondering if someone could tell me how much I could expect to pay for:

1. Varanus tristis (freckled monitor)
and

2. Pogona minor minor (Dwarf bearded dragon)

Someone must have an idea about at least onoe of them....

dwarf beardies.. depends on what time of year you buy them i guess..
id pay between $70-100 for a juvi dwarfed bearded.. but they tend to
drop within the next couple of months. As for the freckled monitor i have
no idea as i havn't kept them. i would also be interested in knowing,
have you been upto ARP lately? them two are right next to each other.

THanks for the info ex1dic, Yeh I was up there just yesterday actually, my girlfriend fell in love with both of these species and since Ive always wanted to keep them I thought I might look into getting some.

minor minor would be a bit more expensive than that wouldn't they? they aren't very common in captivity. Black soil, pygmy beardies, or whatever they're called these days lol are very common and will cost about what ex1dic said.

isn't a pygmy bearded a pagona henrilawsoni? whats a P. minor minor?
yeah i seen the spotted up there and it was awesome!

I think Pagona henrylawsonii is a downs bearded dragon, P. minor minor is Dwarf Bearded dragon, the taxonomy of herps gets so confusing though at times with so many different common names floating around for some species. What species are black soil beardies?

Yeah my bad, henrylawsonii is a pygmy and minor is a dwarf according to cogger.

a p. minor minor is according to calm here in wa a western bearded dragon and not a dwarf or pigmy bearded dragon

$170 is the cheapest ive seen P minor for over here, shops seem to have problems getting enough of them. Price will go up over winter then drop again once the wild beardies start to surface again.

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back