how to convert my 4ft fist tank to a snake enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cozza99

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello im currently looking at getting a spotted python and was wondering if i could use my fish tank. i no i have to get a mesh lid but would this be suitable for a snake can u help.

thanks corey

There was just a thread about this two days ago but it was for a 3ft enclosure. It might be able to help you.

Good Luck

Have to get a mesh lid? that would be impossible to keep the heat in then. Look its just easier and cheaper to run if you have one made. There are plenty of people on here that can do it and will do it for a reasonable price. If you are dead set on using a tank then it would be easier to use a heat mat/heat cords than fitting lights in.

If you don't want to or just can't get someone to build you one you can just make a lid from a piece of mdf or similar. You'd pretty much just need to cut/drill out holes for ventilation and heating lamps and then get something heavy to put on top. That's what I am using till my Bredli gets big enough for me to make his permanent home

:D What did you do with the 4 foot fists that used to live in it?

Sorry mate, you put it up there :lol: All the best with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back