Humidity for stimson eggs...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig483

Reaction score
What humidity levels should I have in my incubator for my stimson python eggs?
I'm expecting her to lay any day now.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone that has bred stimmies before, I would like to know what humidity you have in your incubators.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, humidity should be 80-100%. If you can achieve this without the eggs getting wet your doing well.

Dan

Disregarding the very rude comment at the end of your post, you should aim to get the humidity as high as you can. If you get condensation on the lid of the egg-box, make sure it can't drip onto the eggs or they will die.

I guess that many of the experienced keepers/breeders on APS would be asking why, when your snake is ready to lay "any day now," you would be asking the question at this stage, when your incubator should have been up, running and fully tested for a week or two by now.

Jamie

l just do mine over water "NEVER" had a problem incubated @ 30.8-31.0c, l have been doing this for many years now, in fact ALL my eggs are incubated this way, ... solar 17

I have to agree with solar 17, this is exactly what I do and it is foolproof!

l just do mine over water "NEVER" had a problem incubated @ 30.8-31.0c, l have been doing this for many years now, in fact ALL my eggs are incubated this way, ... solar 17

I second this. With this method, you don't have to worry about getting the humidity perfect. The eggs will take the perfect amount of humidity they need from the air in the tub. If they are in direct contact with the substrate though, then the eggs are forced to take on as much moisture as they are physically in contact with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back