Hypo Bhps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone so much, I was heartbroken with the first one.
The parents are QLDs,they are nothing special at all.
they were both from completely separate sources, both I got from young men who couldn't care for them, I took a gamble on both of them as back then BHPs were worth a lot more. I don't know the bloodlines but the blokes were from very seperate geographic locations and I doubt they had the same breeder. This is the first successful clutch since the first hypo which was her first clutch.Then I moved house and the next clutch didnt make it, none of my other snakes did either.This is her 3rd clutch. So far she has produced 1 hypo out of of every 4 hatchies with successfull clutches. I'm walking on eggshells with this one, pardon the pun.

Defiantly looks as thou ur gamble with the adults payed off Tanzen,they were worth alot more years ago,i remember with the other hatchie there was a bidding war on how much you could sell it for..lol..1 out of every 4 seems as there may be some genetic thing happening.Fingers crossed this one powers along and it turns out even better after a few sheds..Love different Aspidities especially the BHPs..ABSOLUTELY a STUNNING looking one,be careful walking on those eggshells..lol..Please keep us posted on the progress...

That bhp looks like it should make it alright,remember the one from last time it had the orange on top of the head like Dens,exciting when something wicked hatches :)
Uncle zulu has a dry cage for it tanzen,ile get it a TV with nature channel :)

SAM00014.jpg

finally out of the egg now. the larvae you may see are fruitfly. a bit more rest and I will move them into clean quarters.SAM00015.jpgSAM00014.jpg

Last edited:
All 4 hatchies have a deformed tail tip, a kink at the end. I have kept the siblings of the first clutch and they all have normal tails. The hypo has me worried as it doesn't use it's tongue beyond just sticking the forks out half a mm.SAM00072.jpg

They look dry mate, dehydrated. Try wetting the container a bit more.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of bhps but that's nice. I hope it pulls through

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back