Hypo Bhps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks folks,they are misted several times a day, standard procedure for my hatchies, the hypo being sprayed the most with his unusual skin. the paper is moist and there is condensation on the lid. It's just the way it's skin looks, and it feels different and drier than the normals. This yr I ran the incubator at 29c to rule out high temps affecting developement.

Hi and thanks to everyone that asked after him. The Hypo didn't make it.
He turned out to be deformed and I knew then he wouldn't make it but it's still heart breaking.
now I have to hope that one day the parents will produce a healthy hypo, at least we know the first one wasn't a fluke. There is also the possibility of the siblings carrying the gene, especially the last clutch where they have a slight deformity at the tail tip and a little line on the ventrals that look as though the belly was zipped up just at that place( the hypo's ventrals had a line all the way down his belly and he didn't look zipped up properly)..just a hunch!

Hi Tanzen,

Without bringing you down, something is obviously going wrong in the method that you are either incubating or raising the neonates.

BHP's hatchlings are hardy and my guess is that something within incubation is causing the tail deformities and the skin problems. If the female is only producing 4 eggs every few years, something odd is going on. Given the right conditions, your BHP's should be laying a healthy clutch every year.

I would not be surprised if something within incubation is causing these animals to become hypo's.

What min and max temps have the eggs been incubated at in the two clutches, what method of incubation are you using and how long is the incubation taking?

I would like to see a healthy hypo hatchling be produced from this line

Viridis - I'm sure Tanzen has access to a wealth of experience.
Her own, and others.
For all you know she could be in very close consultation with a number of people I can think of!!
We would all like to see a healthy "hypo" grow and do well, but I think you are being a little too forthright in assuming she knows nothing.
JMO. Not meaning to jump on you, but just saying. :)

Viridis - I'm sure Tanzen has access to a wealth of experience.
Her own, and others.
For all you know she could be in very close consultation with a number of people I can think of!!
We would all like to see a healthy "hypo" grow and do well, but I think you are being a little too forthright in assuming she knows nothing.
JMO. Not meaning to jump on you, but just saying. :)

ToadCountry,

Not meaning to jump on you, but just saying :) where in my post did I state that she knows nothing????????????

I said nothing of the sort of dribble you are suggesting. I am sure Tanzen has access to a wealth of knowledge however any new input or suggestions should be welcomed as the previous suggestions are obviously not working.

I was asking for information on what she is currently doing as she has not had the greatest sucess ratios with her current method and I was genuinely interested. It could be a variety of factors that contribute to her less than ideal yearling BHP ratios and I was trying to help.

I am sorry if I did not sugar coat a reply that makes you all warm and fuzzy.

"Given the right conditions, your BHP's should be laying a healthy clutch every year."

This is the statement that made me wonder about where you were coming from.
Perhaps you are very much a "can fix" person. I don't know.

There are lots of reasons why BHPs don't/can't produce every year.
I can't discuss the latest BHP case we have worked on, however suffice to say I also don't do warm and fuzzy.
I deal in pathology and autopsy.
With gloves on, of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back