• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

'Hypo' Centralian Carpet Pythons (Bredli)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Childrens

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Species Common Name
Centralian Carpet Pythons (Bredli)

44mths (3yrs 8mths)

Length
Female:
Male:

Quantity Available
1x Male
1x Female
Had both Sexed after purchasing to confirm.
Bred By
Molochoz
(Southern Cross Reptile Lineage)

General Description
Hi All,

The time has come to downsize due to a changing lifestyle, so I am selling my Centralian Carpet Python pair and other bits and pieces.

I purchased the two in yearly 2010 at 10 months old. The female had quite an attitude and with this has always been superb at feeding, the male was a lot more timid and took a bit of extra attention but soon got the hang of it and has not had a problem since. In regards to the food type they have moved from weekly mice, then onto rats (increasing to fortnightly with larger feeds) and I am now beginning to feed them on a 1:1 ratio of Rat:Rabbit,Quail. So one feed is Rat, then Rabbit, then Rat, then Quail (or Rabbit depending on supplies and vice versa). I have always fed them with Dolittle Farm produce both because of the convenience of being able to get it and its high quality.

In regards to temperament, as I mentioned the female when young was quite happy to strike at just about anything that moved but with handling she has calmed down and is great to handle. Although in saying that when with numbers of people or when she is coming into shed etc. she still needs to have an eye kept on her as she can get agitated. The male has always been extremely placid and great to handle for all ages and is a good Family pet. He is regularly handled my younger brother (now 6, he has grown up with snakes around him and is familiar with their behaviour in no way do I suggest immediately trusting them with younger children). I still recommend using a snake hook when retrieving them from their enclosures, particularly when caged together as the female can be cage defensive at times.

I have always liked their colouring and they have maintained their hypo quality and should you choose to breed them they would produce some amazing little hatchlings. They have been Vet checked annually and have never had a problem.

They have been a superb pair to keep and this is by far a regretful sale, if I could continue to keep them I would except they are not getting as much attention as I would like and its likely to further reduce.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me and feel free to make an offer.

Willing to Freight?
Yes, but preferred not by courier (their size will make this expensive through AAE also but if buyer is willing to pay costs I am happy to help however I can from my end). I am happy to transport them within reason for you or meet you halfway with cost in mind. Will be happy to freight for free to Dubbo, Orange, Bathurst area.

Contact Details
Chris Driver
driverchris8(at)gmail.com
MB: O4 4884 3731
Text any time is preferred (along with email) and I will reply as soon as possible. I will return calls if I miss them but this is likely to be in the evening, please leave a message.

License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers)
ALK ******

Other Details
Available also can be my 8 bay enclosure (2x 3x2x2, 2x 1.5x2x2, 1x 3x2x2, 1x 6x2x2, 2x 3x2x1.5) all glass is 5mm laminated. Every enclosure has a light fitting (Cages I make myself and have not needed 8 as yet) and attached thermostat (0-30deg). Constructed from 16mm Melamine (12mm MDF Back is not in photos) it is heavy. 50mm Plastic runner along front of all enclosures to prevent substrate blocking tracks. Some enclosures have fixed logs etc which I can include if wanted (Happy to keep them as they are superb in my opinion). I will be keeping microclimate thermostats and heat mats out of it though. Make me an offer on it if it can be of use to you.

I also have my male Childrens python breed by Pythons1, if interested contact me and make an offer but I do not need to sell him.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be in Dubbo with the pair tomorrow (Tuesday 4th) if there is anyone who wishes to view them. PM or Text to arrange.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be downloading herp measure when I find the link and will post lengths shortly.

Attachments

• FEMALE 2.......jpg
    FEMALE 2.......jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 268
  • FEMALE 2....jpg
    FEMALE 2....jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 284
  • FEMALE 2......jpg
    FEMALE 2......jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Male (Left) Female (Right).jpg
    Male (Left) Female (Right).jpg