• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hypo / Dbl factor male Castelnaui

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ari

Reaction score
Hi

I am after a hypo / double factor male O. Castelnaui to breed with my hypo / double factor female.

Name your realistic price.

Cheers

ari, could you show us what you mean by hypo?? maybe what a normal looks like and then what a hypo looks like???

reduced black, i think he posted a pic recently

My wife reckons I'm heterozygous (but I'm not sure what for!)

Hypomelanism in Oedura castelnaui is a codominant mutations. Thus specimens carrying only one set of genes for hypomelanism (single factor) show partial hypomelanism. This is also called a visible split or visible heterozygote.
This is one
castelmale1.jpg

A full hypo is an individual with two "doses" of the hypomelanistic gene (hence a double factor hypo)
It looks like this.
cast3.jpg

So you loaning out any males Danny? My female is very much similar to the bottom one.

throw a single factor over it Troy you will get some full hypos from the pairing.....

So you loaning out any males Danny? My female is very much similar to the bottom one.

I have a spare single factor male. That double factor is not mine.
single x double with produce 50% double factor and 50% single factor.

Hey Danny

Can you PM a pic of this male? If hes spare and not in use can I loan him from you and split the progeny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back