Hypomelanistic Levis inheritance

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any conclusive data on how hypomelanism is inherited in Nephrurus levis levis?

Cheers Josh

Well i wasnt expecting that JP2

I did read this thread eairler, but sorry i mis read it as hypermelanistic.

PM me if you like but what i know is:

Hypo/Normal- 100% hets
Het/Het- i know you get hypos from het to het but nor sure on ratio. I will be trying to work this out next season with some of my hets.

Any breeding records to back it up as a recessive trait?

Im not up to all of that. Ive only had them for one breeding season. Next year i may breed some hets together to see what i get.

Bit rich to be selling 100% hets if no one has proven the line.

light levis breed light levis, dark ones breed dark ones, turn the lights off and the heat up and they are all light.

Bit rich to be selling 100% hets if no one has proven the line.

Well in a previous for sale thread i just had them as from hypo father, but then i got talking to someone who said, they should be as 100% hets. Im not completly up with all this morph stuff, it confuses me, but this is what ive been told by someone who knows.

They are only 100% Hets if your hypo line is monogenic and the mode of inheritance is recessive.

ok, im going to stop here before the thread changes subjects. You can PM me if you want to discus more.

I have a mate whos "hypos" when bred over multiple generations seem to be Co-dom, although chances are its not a simple mendelian trait.
Saying you have het for hypos for sale when you cannot prove it is a slippery slope snakes123, I would change your add, but thats me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back