Hysorb on the sunny coast

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caboolture pet store next to the Sundowner & Maccas just off the freeway !!!!!! they have heaps of it !!!!!!! genuine Hysorb.... trust me I know my sawdust !!!!!!!

Pet city at mt gravatt managed to get in the small briefcases and Mini bales, but not sure on the eta of big bales.

I get (got) mine at Beerwah. I'll look up the name and get back to you. Little Mountain Produce also stocks it, not sure if they have any though.

I noticed out the front of my local produce at Palmwoods had 2 pallets of hysorb delivered yesterday.

Some commercial rat breeders are trialling reptile hemp bedding substrate so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

hysorb is waiting for more trees to grow -_- iv gone with a horse bedding, same price same weight. id be interested in the rice husk. how dose it go odor wise? im talking rats BTW

l think its worth remembering this time of year every year (just b4 Ekka) there is always a shortage and in late jan early feb, as well.......solar 17 (Baden)

I use barley straw - minimum dust - $8.00 per huge bale and the ratties are so happy living in it :)

it soaks up horse pee so rat pee is a joke

Last edited:
minimum dust is good and absorbancy is critical also as you want it to last , thats why the hemp has been so popular .

hemp is a good product and you can buy it locally also

Last edited:
I use wheaten chaff with my rats and mice.... have done for about a year now, great absorbancy and they can chew on it when you first put it in.

you can get hemp locally as a bedding .

a few people are trying hemp as am alternative for bedding for rats and mice , it has been succefull in nsw so people here in qld are trying it now.

maybe consider hemp as amn alternative , it is avaliable on the sunny coast .

Last edited:
I just found some 40kg bags of pine shavings. cleaning out the mice with it now, has a bit of moisture in it but not to bad will get pic's soon.

hysorb is hard to find as the waste materials they use are not being generated as the building industry is slow at the moment.....there is an 8-12week backlog so if you do find some at your local produce shop buy as much as you can! haha!

hysorb is hard to find as the waste materials they use are not being generated as the building industry is slow at the moment.....there is an 8-12week backlog so if you do find some at your local produce shop buy as much as you can! haha!

Yea my local has been telling me that for 8 to 12 weeks now lol. And still that far away.

I have been trying to get a couple of pallets direct from ECW for about 3 months......If anyone wants to go in with an order of a truckload (22 pallets) from down south let me know! haha!

Im going to start trialing hemp soon, ive used a couple of bales as a sample and it seems to work well, so will be getting a pallet or two in the next little while to try on the whole colony. Will let you know how it goes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back