I got eggs!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have a look in the show us your womas thread , someone in there recently posted a pic of tubs the same as yours and explained a bit about how they incubate , although for womas could still be helpful good luck

I would recommend you buy keeping and breeding australian Pythons its the reptile enthusiests bible to everything. this info I give is coming out of the book for you as you need answers right now.

period between cuplation and egg laying - 60days
period between pre lay slough and egg laying - 26 days
incubation period for inland carpet python is 61days
mating - sept
egg laying - nov
hatching - Jan

incubation temps - 30-31deg

Okay we'll the hard part was getting them off mum there in the incubator now set at 30 degrees! 16 eggs in total! She's a smart cookie as I was trying to get her off the way she positioned herself was so the eggs weren't touching the fake grass but resting on her bottom half which she had made into some sort of nest! I feel bad for her now tho as she zooming around tryin to find her eggs poking around where she had laid them! Her skin is still very loose also which could mean that it happened recently? I don't know!
i just pray that I've done every thing rite! Ekkkk

Okay we'll the hard part was getting them off mum there in the incubator now set at 30 degrees! 16 eggs in total! She's a smart cookie as I was trying to get her off the way she positioned herself was so the eggs weren't touching the fake grass but resting on her bottom half which she had made into some sort of nest! I feel bad for her now tho as she zooming around tryin to find her eggs poking around where she had laid them! Her skin is still very loose also which could mean that it happened recently? I don't know!
i just pray that I've done every thing rite! Ekkkk

Give the enclosure a full clean out, aswell as give the mum a wash in a slightly scented soapy bath. This will remove the smell of the eggs and help her to calm down, not that she is stressing out constantly looking for eggs, or spending energy incubating eggs that aren't there. Give her a feed asap which also helps. =)

take the nest box out and clean all smell of eggs so it doesn't stress her out to much and if u have food offer her something tomorrow let her calm down offer her some heat and she'll be ok just keep checking eggs every couple days or once a week and whipe moisture off the lid, and provide fresh air lightly fan the eggs and put them back in.

Thanks for your help guys I gave the enclosure a quick wipe down but will clean it properly tomorrow! And give her a bath! The container I'm using has like a hole u can block or leave open what should I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 92
Congrats mate - This will be me in a year or two.

Just out of interest how much does she weigh and how long is she?

I have no idea what method I will be using to incubate mine if I ever end up with any.
Good idea that I just brought Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons.

Although - I did have some success with Gecko eggs.

Thanks tobe, she around 3 and a half years old and is around 6ft long! Weight wise she probably 3kg I haven't weight her in a while!

Thanks for your help guys I gave the enclosure a quick wipe down but will clean it properly tomorrow! And give her a bath! The container I'm using has like a hole u can block or leave open what should I do?

IMO, leave open and you can put your temperature probe through it to monitor the eggs temp in the container............always different than the incubator temp ( by over 1 deg at times depending on the tub size used ).
So the lid fits ok ?

The lid fits fine Mungas had too take some vermiculite out so they would!
so what should the eggs feel like?
i aired them today and checked if the vermiculite was still damp! If it drys out should I add more water?

it should last most of the incubation period being moist enough I'd say if you have a thermometer/hydrometer with probe and have the probe through the lid hole, dont have the probe directly on the eggs though that will course mould and mould spreads fast, is a pain to get rid of and kills eggs. just keep an eye on the hydrometer % if it gets to about 75% then just add water to the corner of the container, you can also add another container of just water to the incubator to raise humidity.

and eggs are solf to tough just remember not to move the eggs from the container too much and if you candle them not to have the torch on the eggs for too long as it can heat the eggs and kill the embrio.

good luck

I don't have a hydrometer but I have a thermometer in the tub and is reading about 31.5 and 30 in the actual incubator! Will pick up a hydrometer tomorrow!
the girl is doing a lot better too all she is doing is sunning herself and drinking lots of water she didn't take food tho! Will try her again next week

The lid fits fine Mungas had too take some vermiculite out so they would!
so what should the eggs feel like?
i aired them today and checked if the vermiculite was still damp! If it drys out should I add more water?

Don't be worried about it drying out, last night I found an unused incubation tub that I had set up LAST YEAR, and the verm was still perfectly moist haha.

Hey all
so they eggs are looking good! I've been wiping the condensation of the lid daily and letting them breath abit by just sitting them while I wipe the condensation away!
The temps in the tub are around 32.5 is this too high?

Hey mate, first CONGRATS!!!!!! The eggs are looking great and I can't wait to see the hatchlings!!
I'm researching breeding pythons myself (many years later!) and I was just wondering how do you get the female away from the eggs without her turning them with her body or tail?
-cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back