I hate heat mats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, that sounds like you're suggesting that heatmats are incapable of running properly without thermostats. If they require a thermo to prevent burning out, then perhaps they shouldn't make them so powerful, or make them with built-on thermostats.

A thermostat is simply insurance. I dont know how hot plastic needs to get to burn but i am sure its more than say 50 degrees. A thermostat will turn off the mat if there is a problem, afterall they are mass produced in China by the millions, so there are bound to be some faulty ones. The same can be said for heat cord which seams to be the flavour of the month over mats. Cord is mainly used for underfloor heating in cool country houses, by the mile. I have heard of instances where floor heating has failed in houses due to faulty cable but the consequences are only a cold house, as the cord is normally embedded in non flammable stuff like concrete.

To me, that sounds like you're suggesting that heatmats are incapable of running properly without thermostats. If they require a thermo to prevent burning out, then perhaps they shouldn't make them so powerful, or make them with built-on thermostats.

Oh they will run and keep running. Hopefully your being sarcastic.
A heat mat will keep pumping out the heat and will burn out if there is nothing to suck up the heat this is why you should use a thermostat, not only to prevent burning your reptile but most of all to prevent you house from burning down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back