I just got a pair of scorpians

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've probably herd this but if you shine blacklight on scorpions they glow green! feaky stuff;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i just read the newspaper today and some spiders and all scorpians are protected animals...........and i can think of a better way to spend my money....so no more scorps for me :( :(

PS
Yea scorpians sting all the time.....can be painful!

do ya need a lisence for em thats dumb and yaeah that blacklight thing is cool

yea u need a licence to collect them from the wild at least :( will ring parks and wildlife tomorrow.....

dont ring cause then they might go great idea and then there wil be lisences and i think the lisence is gust for ppl who collect and then sell them cause my dad was telling me he herd it on the news

I caught a little scorpian the other day, about an inch long including tail, not sure what species it is, collected from Cumberland Plain area

sweet r u keeping it? there mad pets i go looking for em everyday but i think were im from they dont live so i look for spiders instead and when i go to wilton near campeltown or something on saturday to see my cuz im gunna be catching reptiles and hopefully there are scorps there

DO ya know what there burrows look like BS.............The species I used to collect where in burrows

I encountered a scorpian the other day at Pt Gawler, about 40 k north of Adelaide. He didn't like being picked up but other wise was very quiet. I left him there as i don't no the laws regarding collection archnids in SA (if there are any) and didn't have the gear to transport him back. I'm going to do further research.

u can buy them at pet/reptile stores down here...call me dumb but arent they poisonous? lol im guessing not...

umm in NT you need a permit for them...and as far as I know zoe no scorpians native to oz can kill you

yea! it hurts quite a bit..also My hand was pretty swollen for a while

i live in sydney and dont know where to get them do i need a license?

aquarium shop in parramatta westfeild, one floor up from gound level ,at top of escalators. no license needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back