i love ants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A true aussie feast to be proud of. Green ants and witchety grubs.......whilst I'm excited about the idea of such a truly bodacious feast of the senses, I feel I may have to stick to the humble roo for the time being until my brain gets used to such an inviting change of diet.:D..........I can still remember the last time I had witchety grubs............................................

Antz the movie.... yeah i like ants..... they clean up after other messy animals...lol

And lets not forget the humble termite - afterall, it's just an ant!
Nope, not even close. Different order.

Howdy Slim. Dont know about just like peppermint, but they did have a bit of a zap to their taste if I remember correctly...wasnt too bad at all, well worth a try of some good aussie bush tucker.
We used to buy salmon cured with crushed green tree ants, it was amazing. The chef kept the supplier a secret though so I'm not sure where to get it.

Last edited:
haha... you're right they are different orders - stupid taxonomy!! Oh well, I was close - they used to be in the same order! :)

Ants are an incredibly fascinating branch of invert to study....if only I could live more lifetimes..LOL...I primarily research the Scorpionida. In the SA mallee where I conduct most of my scorp research there are in excess of 300 described species of ant.... A couple of Myrmecia I have photographed for you - from the Mt Lofty Ranges, SA....enjoy!!

sf103.jpg

sf104.jpg

do u have any pics of the whole colony? i love the tunnel systems they make

lmao... calling people weird who have ants on a snake forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back