I think my mum attracts snakes...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well as some of you know, I live in an area where we get LOTS of herps. We've had a few Green Tree Snakes at my school nearby, we've seen a Pink Tongue skink in our garden and a whipsnake that bit my mum ect...
Anyway me and my mum came home from a brisbane a couple of nights ago to find a small snake in front of the garage. It got under the door and INTO our garage. My mum was freaking out, so we called a snake catcher. Turns out it was a RBB (edit: I'm starting to think it was a small eyed snake, MAN i wish i got pics) :shock: The man was snapping at it with hooks, trying to grab it and it didnt even try to bit him. MAN they are docile. Unfortunately I didnt get a picture of it. This is the second snake on our property in the past 3 months. My mum wants to move to an apartment now :lol:

Last edited:
which snake catcher did you call? just curious to know the name of the catcher ...when you say snapping at it with hooks did they have tongs ?

which snake catcher did you call? just curious to know the name of the catcher ...when you say snapping at it with hooks did they have tongs ?

Sorry when I said snapping I meant just sort of trying to catch it, snapping's the wrong word sorry :)
His name was Ray Wallbank hes on the sunny coast he does Go Wild Reptile demonstrations as well.

I do not know a lot about vens, but from what I have been told from people that do, is that you are totally correct & that you nearly have to step on or provoke a Red Belly bite.

Tell your mum that you are so lucky to live in an area where you see so many herps. Just be aware of what is there & what you are dealing with. Where we live in CQ we encounter in our yard many spotted pythons, common tree snakes & also many common Browns. The common browns I leave alone to go off to feed another day, but the trees & spotted I cannot help myself grabbing them to see how calm & collective they are compared to a lot of captive bred stuff.
Cheers & Merry xmas.

same my mum hates them but would never kill one. once we were driving and this carpet python was in the middle of the road and she done a huge drift to stop us from hitting it but almost caused like a 3 car crash lol

G'day mate,

Chances are it was actually a Small Eyed Snake - very commonly mistaken for a small Red Bellied Black Snake, but usually only active at night, while Red Bellies are usually active during the day.

G'day mate,

Chances are it was actually a Small Eyed Snake - very commonly mistaken for a small Red Bellied Black Snake, but usually only active at night, while Red Bellies are usually active during the day.
That was what I was thinking!!! (as the snake catcher isnt very smart, he said feeding snakes wet food kills them, and lots of other things that are clearly untrue) It's red belly didnt extend to the sides like rbb's and I think baby snakes are commonly seen? Also its eyes werent very visible. Small eyes snakes are still deadly, arent they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back