I want to build an outdoor tarranium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cedge

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about building a large outdoor enclosure. I have plenty of room and i want to put different environments in it. I am hoping to put a three water dragons, a couple of eastern beardies and blue tounges and maybe some jacky dragons and a shingleback. I would also like to get some local frogs breeding and a turtle and maybe some fish to keep the water clean. Would a turtle eat frog eggs, and what sort of fish wouldn't eat the frog eggs??? I am still planning this and i wouldn't mind hearing your opinions.

Fish and turtles will eat frog eggs..not to mention the frogs themselves.
To keep the water "clean" you need to airate the water.If you are going all out why not make a little stone waterfall. It would make a good basking area too.
If you plan on keeping turtles you actually don't want the water too clean as algae is good for them (frogs too).
I would say scrap the fish idea...everything else you want is native
and sounds like a great idea.

I agree Greebo...I might do something like that too.... once I've finished paying off my reptile enclosure to mum :roll:

where do u live?? If you are east or the great dividing range you shouldn't keep shinglebacks outside because of the humidity which will give shinglebacks respiratory infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back