I would like to colect money for one of our admins.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthmother family; $20..........will pay in zoo
Africancichlidau $20.................received
michaelh $25..........................received
Slateys $20.............................received
Nome $20...............................received
nicherps $20...........................received
Daisy $15...............................will pay in zoo
Miss Magical $10.....................received
Dobermanmicks family $20.....received
Lutzd $20..............................received
Fuscus $50............................received
Instar $20.............................received
Sheralyn $20.........................received
Bryony $20...........................
BROWNS $20........................received
Pinkie $10............................will pay in zoo
Popp $20.............................
Anonym $20.........................received
Anonym2 $20.......................will pay in zoo
Parko $20............................received
Nigmax $20..........................received
Pythonkisses $100................received

Greg you are strange man.
What do you want from me? To run this site cost me aproximately $500 yearly from my pocket and lot of time. Your unsensitive post show again your true nature.
I am not expecting anything from you or anybody who do not think that is the right thing to do.
Some people do like to reward the hard work donated to this site, becaose they do have lot of joy here.
It is they choice and I think that token of appriciation from us only shows that person how much we all value his effort.
After I red your post Greg, I was speechless for some time. I have no further comment to it anymore. I think that majority of decent people will understand.

God everyone is donating 20 bucks so now I look like a cheapskate. Bump me up to $20 please Slatey.

Greg, this gift is completely optional. We all get to use this forum for no charge & I don't think Slateman or anyone else is making any money here. I know you've had your issues with the mods, so don't give anything. No one will think any worse of anyone who doesn't chuck in.

Impressive looking snake btw.

It's all your choice though Jan. You choose to run the site therefore you have to pay the costs.
I'm truly not trying to be offensive or insensitive or any of the things you say. The ONLY reason I brought it up was that I couldn't understand why you would ask people to donate money to reward someone running YOUR site. It's as simple as that.

I'm not trying to unbalance the staus quo and certainly don't want to be banned again for saying this, so don't take it like I've tried to offend you in any way. It's hard to get across a point in a written forum.

Anyway, I'm not strange, I may be a little wierd but I'm certainly not strange.

Respectfully,
Gregory.

Ban him again.....Ban him...ban him... ban him.....
Great site, well done, All of the admins and owners work is greatly appreciated, I was only too happy to throw in $20 bucks, and I think I speak for everyone there.
Greg, go join a site that charges membership and winge to them about how much it costs cause reading your posts is wearing out my eyes, I could be reading something worth while.

Looks like some people are upset that I published donation as is progressing.
Reason for it is to make sure that people see in details how much money is collected and can check that My dealing with this public money is honest.
I had no other idea how to do this.
Money are transfered to my personall account and some people can think that I am not dealing properly with finances they post.
Publishing details avoid this, becaose all members who donate can check if the sum is correct and total colected is coresponding.
I hope that you understand.
I do not understand why always when I am trying to do something nice like this, I am getting bashed.
I can asure all, that I do not think about any personall gain here. I am starting to be sorry that I started this, and gived some people chance to attack me.
Why some people have so much hate inside, beets me.

It's not an attack on you Jan. I really must stress that.
Don't take it personally.
In all honesty all it was was a question.

I'm really not trying to stir trouble. I'm a changed man.
A strange man but a changed man.

Gregory.

geez guys he's made it clear he's not attacking anyone about a thousand times now...give him a break already! :roll:

To my way of thinking it is a great way to support the site and show appreciation for someones hard work. People who don't agree don't have to support the site and donate. MOney has been offered in direct support of the site and has always been refused by Slatey who bears the full cost of the site. This collection is not going to the running of the site but to a gift to someone in support of their very hard work on the site. I am very happy that it is being done and it makes me feel good to be able to contribute as I am sure it does to the other contributors.

money

Geez afro make me feel bad 4 not contributing. ok slatey here's whats gunna happen. in about 7 years time when i have finished skool and uni and have a decent job (and some money), if this site is still operational then i will b more then happy to fork over a fair sum of cash to the mods and other people involved in keeping this site ALIVE. by then though i m sure we will of met and become good friends.
Hope it won't come to late. :roll:
cheers
pete

Geez afro make me feel bad 4 not contributing.

My post was not designed to make anyone feel bad mate, sorry if it did. I am not knocking anyone for not contributing just saying that it gave me pleasure to do so. I know that some can't afford to donate or don't want to donate and both these are fine with me as there are other ways to contribute such as being an active and positive member etc.
Once again I am sorry if my post offended you or anyone else as I was just trying to show support for Slatey and the site.

geez guys he's made it clear he's not attacking anyone about a thousand times now...give him a break already!
I'm with Zoe.

Well afro no offence taken. :) and i m all 4 the support of the site and slatey. u's all do a good job.

Please PM me the account details Slateman.

I think also that Gregs point was valid, and that is HIS right to express it.
I love the site and wouldnt know where i would be in my reptile hobby without it.

Happy days.

:p I cant see a problem with gregs post at all,be a bit like the employees chippin in to by the leading hand a pressy & the boss suggesting it.If anyone is being attacked in this thread i feel its greg,& if thats what you cop for having a different opinion thats a joke.Jan if greg is STRANGE for not agreeing with you then i must be aswell!!!!!!!! :p

Hear hear popp couldnt of put it better myself.
I was trying to think of a way to get the point across without it being misconstrued but you summed it up in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back