I would like you all to meet Sarge..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akraziatic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This is my Eastern Beardie, Sarge, which I picked up today, I measured him at 16cm Total Length....

For a while I have been interested in getting a python and have just been lurking pet stores looking at enclosures and stuff waiting for that moment to click for me to commit. Until I moved to the ACT and found all these reptiles in pet stores. Well I came across a heap of beardies, done some research and decided to order an enclosure.. a month later (today) I got Sarge, my first Herp. I've kept fish for some time so not alien to having tanks in the house and just super excited about my new friend. Hope you enjoy the photo's. They are from my phone but hopefully come out alright...

Cheers
Mitch

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 92
u made a great choice, beardies are heaps more fun and interactive than pythons, and Sarge is gorgeous!! :p

Cheers guys.

He seem's to be all settled and chasing crickets around so pretty happy.

If you have moved to the ACT you should check out Pete over in Kambah.... he has a massive collection and sells heaps of stuff..... and generally cheaper than pet store. I go just to check out his two crocs....

search reptiles inc to get his details

he is adorable! one saweet beardie :)

p.s. LOVE THE NAME!

Last edited:
That's a central beady mate.

Looks great. How big will he grow to. I own 2 pythons but am now looking at getting a 4 legged friend and your little guy looks pretty tempting

Good looking beardie Mitch - congrats! Just wondering mate, it's hard to tell from the pics, but on his rear left big toe it looks like a bit of dead skin or something? Or am I just seeing things? I just know that if it IS dead skin, you should pick it off for him, or it can strangle the blood flow to his toe. Not trying to alarm you mate, just something to remember ;)
Hope he eats well for you - let him stuff himself at this age. They're heaps of fun to watch hunt, like mini T-Rex's! Hope you get many, many years of enjoyment out of him. Trust me, he won't be your last lizard... :)
Cheers,
Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back