idea for a snake encloser

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake182

Reaction score
idea for a snake enclosure

well im planing on making a encloser by 4ft,2ft,2ft and have a spliter in it so it is 2ft per side so i can put two childreni pythons in there:)
what should i use for the bottom of the encloser?. and is 7mm ply good for the side's and 3mm thick glass for the front.
p.s im a newby

Last edited:
I make all of mine out of Waterproof MDF because you can purchase it in black or white. It's 16mm thick.
I have my stimos in a split enclosure exactly the way you are considering.
Just be aware that the dust of the waterproof MDF is a carcinogen so use a face mask if you decide to use it.
As for glass, are you using rails or fixing it in place?

thanks
would i be able to but a snake in 1 side and a Bearded dragon on the other side and is the size ok for a cildreni pythons

I'll leave the requirements of the beardy up to someone else because I have never looked into or kept them.
That size should be fine for most Childreni. The general feeling is that the length should be at least 3/4 of the pythons body length.
If you are getting a hatchie you will need to give it plenty of places to hide as it will be too big for it at the start and you might have feeding problems if it doesn't feel secure.
Most people like to keep them in "click clacks" until they gain some size.

yeah i have a small tank to start off with its
400L,300H,320W i'v been told by my pet shop that size would be ok for its frist couple of years
and the small tank have no lid so should a get some fly screen and a rubber band around it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back