ideas of lizards to keep in outdoor aviary?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillReptiles

Reaction score
Hay guys
I have a old aviary that isnt being used and im jus wondering what lizard would live happily in a 7ft by 7ft by 7ft, i live in sydney and just want some opinions on what lizards will do good in it. i love monitors, and ive only got a r1 license so i cant get everything.
any opinions will be much appreciated
Cheers

Beardies, blotchies, maybe water dragons. Also turtles and maybe Cunningham's. I don't know much about monitors or what you can keep but that's what I would be looking at, but that's me.

Beardies, blotchies, maybe water dragons. Also turtles and maybe Cunningham's. I don't know much about monitors or what you can keep but that's what I would be looking at, but that's me.
Thanks mate I've got a 5ft enclosure for beardies, I could get water dragons and get a couple of turtles in ther that will look awesome. Thanks
Any more ideas ?

Apparently turtles & dragons don't mix re diseases - mate's experience, very real.
If u like monitors, what about the ackies??
Also in that size enclosure u should be able to have a medium to large size monitor - just requires xtra heat yr round, especially where u are.

For our area I would suggest blue tongues, boyds dragons (need to be enclosed), diamond python (need to be enclosed), eastern water dragon.
If heating is provided in one area then I would probably get some sort of monitor/s

7x7x7 isnt overly big for a large monitor,eg lacie,plus u said your on class one so that rules them out,i wouldnt keep smaller forms outdoors in sydney,eg ridgees ect,could be done,but easier to keep them indoors,waterdragons,blueys,cunninghams,pinktongue skinks perhaps,landmullets,eastern beardeds,theres plenty u could keep out there in an avairy,even a mixture of species,turtles ive kept with water dragons,blueys,cunninghams and never had health issues

if using old avairys for larger monitors,id be wary of the wire,as if thin monitors can easily tear through it

thanks guys for the opinions :)

i wouldnt mind keeping ackies inside i just thought it would be cool to have somthing big in a aviary, and when i say old i mean its been there for ages but its like new liazrds woint have no chance of biting through this its too thick ( like fencing wire), i think i should scrap the whole idea as i cant get anything to heat the aviary because theres no power near it :(

but thanks again for the help guys

It wouldn't be cool, it'd be awesome haha :)

If you ever do anything let us know!

It wouldn't be cool, it'd be awesome haha :)

crested dragons?heating provided of course.

If you ever do anything let us know!
lmaoo yerh it would be, i might get diamond pythons cos there from sydney area apparently. or some water dragons and turtles etc but ill have to try get some power out there thats the issue lol ill keep use updated if i do anything with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back