Idiots on the road (and off)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a very obvious question is why?

why do you need a hotted up car? what do you need to burn rubber? why do you need to 'drift'? why do you need the music up so loud?

explain it to me and i want a more thought provoking answer then 'cause i like the feeling of power'

and other then making you feel good and makes you look smart, tough, a hero in the eyes of your mates what other benefit do you get from it?

its against the law to do this crap so why do you do it? do you NOT give a minutes thought to other road users that you might kill due to your stupidity? do you really think your the only ones on the road?

i guess burning rubber and carrying on makes you look like a big hero in your own eyes (i believe in 'some' cases it makes up for things lacking in other departments)

i still say the government need to restrict the 'size' of the cars/bikes under 21 yr olfs can drive and resist the volume of the CD players, they need to ban all this big huge speakers etc

Yeah , i also dont see the point in buying a brand new ss ute on your p's , like seriously , its an accident waiting to happen . I mean their not buying it because its a ute or it looks cool ?? its got way to much engine for them to handle.
i mean i can go for p's now (i really should go hahaha) but yeah , little hatch back will do me fine , get me from here to there saftly and im happy :)

There should be more race tracks for the hooners , don't you guys think ?? I mean im on my l's and see a lot of this stuff on our roads. I mean more race tracks wouldnt solve the problem but it might reduce the some.

Great idea..... would be perfect..... but where? If someone bought some land for hoons to play on.... the wowsers and tree huggers would winge and whine :rolleyes:

Most cars of the modern era are computer controlled.... not talking about old falcons and Qies.... the wrx, lancer etc.... If someone is inexperienced at driving (at any age) they should have to 'chip it down' to a certain performance (or lack of) level. If someone is caught hooning, one warning... then enforce chipping it down..... massive fine if someone is caught speeding or randomly inspected and the official wire seal at computer site is broken.... look out! If someone speeds or drives dangerously even with chipped down, chip it down further for longer!

Great idea..... would be perfect..... but where? If someone bought some land for hoons to play on.... the wowsers and tree huggers would winge and whine :rolleyes:

Most cars of the modern era are computer controlled.... not talking about old falcons and Qies.... the wrx, lancer etc.... If someone is inexperienced at driving (at any age) they should have to 'chip it down' to a certain performance (or lack of) level. If someone is caught hooning, one warning... then enforce chipping it down..... massive fine if someone is caught speeding or randomly inspected and the official wire seal at computer site is broken.... look out! If someone speeds or drives dangerously even with chipped down, chip it down further for longer!
Yeah its true , no one is happy , everything done always ****** someone off . but yes you do have a good idea , i mean in japan and stuff the cars are that safisticated that the cars cant go over a certain speed , the computer just doesnt allow it . once the car is taken to a track it turns the limit off. i mean we are way off japans computers and what not but i think we could do with that , or something like that.

Sometimes under powered cars can get u into more trouble. Hit oil on a rd with the back end coming around with a LSD diff and see how hard it is to regain with no power. 9/10 times you will end up facing the direction u came from and on the other side of the rd/ or into nature strip on your left. Driving courses will make the hoons feel like they are more invincible and be able to control the car no matter what and will push harder. IMO bee a hoon of any sort and cars should be crushed. I know I woulda driven easier if that was the case

Great idea..... would be perfect..... but where? If someone bought some land for hoons to play on.... the wowsers and tree huggers would winge and whine :rolleyes:!
refer back to my other post , they are around this one is just out of peoples way ,as far as i know all you do is pay the $$$ sign a insurance form thingy saying you wont sue blah blah blah and i think they inspect your car and away you drift
but imo it just encourages it to be done on the street , i like to drift but i have only ever done it in old paddock bashers on private property well away from anyone else that doesn't want to take part in the activity and it can be pretty fun

For anyone in Sydney, eastern creek skid pan has drift nights roughly once a month, the last one was last night.. I try to go every time.. It's a great night, u meet a lot of nice people with similar interests and see a lot of nice cars!! And best of all you get to hit it sideways in a safe and controlled environment :) oh and they also offer many different driver training courses. I think it's a step in the right direction to try help 'hoons' blow off a bit of steam aand learn how to control there own cars in the wet.

a very obvious question is why?

why do you need a hotted up car? what do you need to burn rubber? why do you need to 'drift'? why do you need the music up so loud?

explain it to me and i want a more thought provoking answer then 'cause i like the feeling of power'

and other then making you feel good and makes you look smart, tough, a hero in the eyes of your mates what other benefit do you get from it?

its against the law to do this crap so why do you do it? do you NOT give a minutes thought to other road users that you might kill due to your stupidity? do you really think your the only ones on the road?

i guess burning rubber and carrying on makes you look like a big hero in your own eyes (i believe in 'some' cases it makes up for things lacking in other departments)

i still say the government need to restrict the 'size' of the cars/bikes under 21 yr olfs can drive and resist the volume of the CD players, they need to ban all this big huge speakers etc
I love power, speed, the smell of burning rubber the thrill of putting a hotted up powerful car through its paces I understand the thrill that pumps through peoples veins that do it. To me there was nothing more I would rather do than reverse to firsty's, 360's(hand brake) burnouts and dragging. I found first hand that speed can get you out of trouble, it is indecision and lack of experience that can be just as much of a killer as just plain speeding. I agree whole heartedly that hoons and hooning do NOT belong on the road though, there are places and there need to be more of them to accommodate the growing number of people who love fast and powerful cars. I agree also in Hoons having their cars impounded, there are enough accidents as it is without these inconsiderate people adding to them. I gotta add that not every-one who loves fast and powerful cars want to be seen as a hero, I was only ever out in the paddocks on my own and as soon as the abandoned road drag meets got too popular I bowed out.... when I had my V8's out on the public roads I stuck to the speed limits, even when goaded to drag I wouldnt do it(No small Man syndrome here lol)

"Tree huggers" really! I thought the world had moved on from labeling people concerned with environmental issues like land clearing as tree huggers (bloody bong smoking hippies). Sensible land allocation would be a kick *** idea, I would love to have somewhere to go and drift without concern of harming people, wild life or damaging our state forrests (where incidently I and my 2 kids nearly got wiped out by 3 cars losing control (attempted) drifting around the back of Beerwah). Yep lets look at the big picture Japan has tackled this situation because the gov approach is different from ours. The tree hugger comment only highlights our inability to truly look at a problem and tackle it without single mindedness (please do not take this as a digg at you CaptianRatbag as it just brought to light a common problem). If the community at large takes on divided stance due to prejudice and personal agenda the aust gov will allways walk all over us to fullfill their personal agendas. Some like cars others like pandas and some like trees and then there are some who like them all. Maybe it's time for us to grow up and treat this fairly for all

read above they HAVE restricted engine size for us young people. and restricting the VOLUME of stereos! ARE YOU KIDDING? im sorry but i drive with my music BLARING and it does not affect my driving. and how would they monitor it anyway? how will having your music loud affect the other drivers on the road. its just another bull**** way of controlling people and thats not cool at all.
i am so sick of people giving young people crap about driving when there are just as many older people who are worse on the roads and they dont have a bad rep.
i am 21 i have never caused anyone injury or damage whilst driving. i drive with my music BLARING and i sing along as animated and as much as i want BECAUSE I CAN. my 18 year old sister drives with her music blasting and has a hopped up ( legal) car. she has NEVER caused anyone injury or damage. my 17 year old best friend has subs in her car and has NEVER caused anyone injury or damage. my 70 year old great uncle has caused multiple accidents and injury. my 31 year old ex boss has caused injury and damage. my 48yr old father has caused major injury and damage.

from my experience AGE DOES NOT MATTER. you can have 40 years of driving experience under your belt or you can have 2 months. the only thing that matters is how much of a douche you are behind the wheel.

rant over..thanks for reading.

why do you need the music up so loud?

How does the stereo have ANY impact on the drive?

I bet you have the radio or a CD on when you drive, correct? The presence of the distraction is the same regardless of the volume. I am a music nut and I love my music and I drive with music quite loud. If I'm next to another driver driving the same car the same way as me with the same music on but at a lower level does that mean they are driving safer than me?

The only issue I can think of is listening out for beeping. In which case you wouldn't be blaring music while reversing or when someone would be likely to need to warn you that you're going to hit them by beeping. But thats not even a matter of hooning, thats just a matter of common sense. Same as talking to passengers while reversing.

How does the stereo have ANY impact on the drive?
it affects your ability to hear an ambulance coming or police giving you the proper amount of time to safely get out of their way thats just one also if your car starts to do something funny in the motor normally you'll hear it first before your car breaks down leaving you sitting in the middle of the freeway

"Tree huggers" really! I thought the world had moved on from labeling people concerned with environmental issues like land clearing as tree huggers (bloody bong smoking hippies). Sensible land allocation would be a kick *** idea, I would love to have somewhere to go and drift without concern of harming people, wild life or damaging our state forrests (where incidently I and my 2 kids nearly got wiped out by 3 cars losing control (attempted) drifting around the back of Beerwah). Yep lets look at the big picture Japan has tackled this situation because the gov approach is different from ours. The tree hugger comment only highlights our inability to truly look at a problem and tackle it without single mindedness (please do not take this as a digg at you CaptianRatbag as it just brought to light a common problem). If the community at large takes on divided stance due to prejudice and personal agenda the aust gov will allways walk all over us to fullfill their personal agendas. Some like cars others like pandas and some like trees and then there are some who like them all. Maybe it's time for us to grow up and treat this fairly for all

Ok, apologies to tree huggers then....
Wowsers then..... Before I moved to Qld, my previous local drag strip was terminated, because it is in a valley (next to an international airport) and the drag strip (running one day each fortnight) was too noisy for the rich people on the hills around (the airport). The drag strip had been there 25 years.

Not far from the airport was a dirt bike track, right next to the gokart track...... the bike track was shut down and the gokart track allowed to run sat and sunday from 10am - 4 pm only (too noisy for the posh people on the hill) both tracks had been there years before rich people arrived.

Water skiing took place at the local river since the 50's. The rich people on the hill said they were too noisy, so they are curfewed to 10 boats on the river at any one time slot (you have to book with local govt) and only between 9am & 5pm (even in summer)

The speedway was closed down because it was too noisy for residents who chose to build near the speedway (in the flightpath to the airport)

A friend tried to set up a motorcross track (full bore motocross) near yass on acreage he bought.... he set it all up, got thru the insurance Bs.... then the council kicked up a stink it was too noisy :rolleyes:

At Caloundra airport (the airport that made caloundra popular and grow) the gubbment sold off land all around the airport... houses were built (next to the airport... helicopters etc) now the airport is 'too noisy' for the residents near by, and the airport is fighting to be able to stay put :rolleyes:

Ameroo park raceway and Oran park (being revived) both were closed down due to too noisy for residents who built close to the track :rolleyes:

You cant do anything noisy these days.... so imagine trying to start a drift/race track any where..... great idea but good luck :rolleyes: Besides, the gubbment would lose revenue in fines etc if there were less hoons :facepalm:

it affects your ability to hear an ambulance coming or police giving you the proper amount of time to safely get out of their way thats just one also if your car starts to do something funny in the motor normally you'll hear it first before your car breaks down leaving you sitting in the middle of the freeway
thats why they have flashing lights -_- also for me personally i can feel when my car is doing something it should not. GOOD drivers should know their car and be able to tell if something isnt right. that could just be because my car is so little that literally any rattle or something vibrates the entire stupid car lol

thats why they have flashing lights -_- also for me personally i can feel when my car is doing something it should not. GOOD drivers should know their car and be able to tell if something isnt right. that could just be because my car is so little that literally any rattle or something vibrates the entire stupid car lol
yes i know they have flashing lights but you cant honestly tell me that no one has ever not been paying much attention to their rearview mirror and had their music blaring and missed the flashing lights and sirens , also you obviously don't know much about mechanics their are plenty of things that can go wrong with your car that wont give any noticeable rattles or affect the performance of your car until it is a little to late but you may hear something wrong you may not

nope dont no jack about mechanics...which is why i stupidly agreed to buy my micra hahaha

i was pretty much made paranoid about checking my mirrors when i was a learner so no iv never missed a set of flashing lights behind me

nope dont no jack about mechanics...which is why i stupidly agreed to buy my micra hahaha

i was pretty much made paranoid about checking my mirrors when i was a learner so no iv never missed a set of flashing lights behind me
im a good mirror checker as well also drive with the music really low so i can hear my car ;) but you cant honestly tell me that no one else has ever missed them until the last minute it does happen and probably more than you'd think

i cant tell you no one has but i know that i havent. i make sure especially when my music is loud to be on the look out.

come on you cant seriously tell me that you think its fair for loud music to be ban for young drivers??!?!
and here i was thinking australia was a free country...MY BAD. they take our music what else they gonna take?

Another thing I hate is road rage I mean there is difference between being a little frustrated with another driver then there is road rage. Like today my father was driving my car an older lady came up behind I mean so close if my dad hit the brakes our car would have been on top of her car, my dad could see how close she was and let his foot of the accelerator, she got the rage and got in to the next lane over drove pass and yelled dumb f*#k out her window. But the stupid thing is if I was driving with my L plates on she would have understood and backed off but probably not haha I mean older drivers are/can be as bad as young drivers. Also why keep bringing up car restrictions there already is for P plate drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back