If i got bitten?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As was said, they are very reluctant to bite. There has been extremely few bites recorded from them. Their venom is harmless, the bite wouldn't even be as bad as a green ant bite if on the odd chance you were bitten.

I've always been spider obsessed, and when I was younger I put my finger in one of the golden orb weaver's webs and moved it a bit to see what happened. It ran down, touched my finger with it's palps, realized I wasn't edible and retreated. That wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it goes to show how reluctant they are to bite.

This is one of my big girls, Ellie. Her fangs are 1cm long, and she is as big as a woman's hand. She's something I do worry about being bitten by :) I know she wouldn't hesitate. But I love her all the same, she's my second favourite spider in my collection.

spiderresize.jpg

And this is Jewel, she is my favourite spider. She is also the largest, but not as crazy as Ellie and very reluctant to bite...saying that, I don't go picking her up.

Jewel009.jpg

wow! They look wonderful! How does one go about getting spiders? They don't have a very long life span do they?

very nice looking spiders but i think your crazy!!! lol
i think they are amazing creatures but i am petrified of them.
i wouldn't have just been jumping up and down had i walked through the web, i would have screamed really loud as well lol.

very nice looking spiders but i think your crazy!!! lol
i think they are amazing creatures but i am petrified of them.
i wouldn't have just been jumping up and down had i walked through the web, i would have screamed really loud as well lol.

I concur =)

I thought the mouse spider was a funnel web?
Cool spiders though, heaps of attitude.

The Mouse Spider is often mistaken for the Funnel-Web Spider. The main differences being the Funnel-Web has much longer spinnerets (the 2 appendages on the end of the abdomen) and the male funnel-web has a spur on it's second leg
mousespiderfemale150.gif

FEMALE

malemousespider127.gif

MALE
Nasty lookin thing's huh YUCK.....

I've been bitten by a white tail, it was a bit of a let down with only a large blister appearing, seemed to be slowly growing for a few days, no pain at all, just a very slight burning sensation. Blistered almost instantly after the bite. went to the Doc. on day three and got some anti fungal cream, and it worked a treat but still a faint red mark (12 months later) is still visible. Also Funnel webs (and mouse spider)bites should be treated the same way as snake bites (by bandaging) all other bites inc. red backs should be iced only as the necrotic nature of most spider venoms should not be retained in one area.

I heard the poor spider died after biting you Jason. Rum poisoning.

Yeah, need to keep a constant supply of it my blood just in case it happens again. Funnel webs and mouse spiders are the only really bad ones, though you can always be unlucky and cop a reaction to any type of venom, ie bee's.

What spiders can actually be fatal if not treated asap

Usually you can consider yourself reasonably safe unless it is a funnel-web or a mouse spider. Though Red-backs are known to cause severe reactions in some people.

Bird-eating spiders would give you a nasty bite as well though I dont think you have to worry about them in Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back