If you are over 30 you should find this hilarious!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The days when you never ever just went into your mothers handbag without asking or never ever looked into her purse ...
never just go into your mum and dads bedroom *even if they weren't in there at the time* without asking 1st if you could go in there to get something

oH wow! i thought i was the only kid that had that rule!! we always had to knock first and wait for permission.

and our friends parents, or basically any adult was always "mr and mrs________", no first names.

I still am very particular about people going into my handbag.

oH wow! i thought i was the only kid that had that rule!! we always had to knock first and wait for permission.

and our friends parents, or basically any adult was always "mr and mrs________", no first names.

I still am very particular about people going into my handbag.

No not just you ..... and we were expected and always did use manners please and thank you ..... and dare not ask for anything while out and about because if we asked it meant we didn't get lol

As much as i can Fault my mother and father with somethings they did teach us to be well mannered people .... that can't all be a bad thing

but then again back in that day we were brought up ... not just grew older and left to our own devices .... as some now days are i think

my dad was 63 and mum 33 when they married so he had a very old fashioned set of do's and donts. At the time I thought he was a cranky old bastard, but now i thank him for the morals he instilled in me.

and i really dont wanna sound old here, but there is nothing that peeves me more than seeing young people with no respect for themselves or others.

my dad was 63 and mum 33 when they married so he had a very old fashioned set of do's and donts. At the time I thought he was a cranky old bastard, but now i thank him for the morals he instilled in me.

and i really don't wanna sound old here, but there is nothing that peeves me more than seeing young people with no respect for themselves or others.

Yes i do have to agree with that. I get complimented all the time about how well mannered my boys are and i just turn and say they know its expected of them, Manners cost you NOTHING anyone can use them.
it's like considering others so many now days cant think beyond them self

This post would have been funny - if it wasn't soooo true!!!!

Recently, we visited an anique shop where my then 8 year old came across a type writter! When she asked what it was I said "Believe it or not but this was once your grandmothers computer" she looked at it for a while and then with a dumbfounded face said..."Where do you plug in the monitor???".... then she found a record and ran up and asked me if I can buy it for her. when asked why she wanted it, she replyed " Because if you buy me this CD then you will have to buy me a gigant CD player that I can keep in my room!!!"""....I rest my case!

and i really dont wanna sound old here, but there is nothing that peeves me more than seeing young people with no respect for themselves or others.

Im exactly the same! Whether it be kids at the shops throwing a tantrum or kids pointing & making comments about disabilties others have.......it drives me nuts! Although my son has tested the boundaries a little with both the above, pointing at 'fat' people & asking me how they fit on the toilet, (in his outside voice!) or throwing himself on the ground cause mum said 'no treat today', (both times mum left him in the aisle on his own & disappeared to the next) i have taught my kids manners & dont understand why some other parents havent done the same. Manners are not hard. Also, i too had the rule of no going into people's purses etc, my kids also follow this rule. If they are asked to get something from my bag, they bring my bag to me. Hubby also does the same.......even for his own bank card :lol:......his mum raised him well!

This post would have been funny - if it wasn't soooo true!!!!

Recently, we visited an anique shop where my then 8 year old came across a type writter! When she asked what it was I said "Believe it or not but this was once your grandmothers computer" she looked at it for a while and then with a dumbfounded face said..."Where do you plug in the monitor???".... then she found a record and ran up and asked me if I can buy it for her. when asked why she wanted it, she replyed " Because if you buy me this CD then you will have to buy me a gigant CD player that I can keep in my room!!!"""....I rest my case!
BAHAHAHA my boys are almost 15 and 13 and i had to explane to them what a record was lol ....

Oh another thing i just thought of when i was in high school it was cool to have a ghetto blaster / Boom box lol used to take like 12 D cell batterys and once you burned up one set you couldnt afford to buy more and had to use the power cord that was tucked in the back lol....
now they have tiny little ipods ..... that take FILES ... i mean What tha!!! lol

i think some people are scared that their kids wont like them if they say no... My 3 year old asks "May i please have _____" and says thank you religiously. and if she doesnt she doesnt get whatever she has asked for.

BAHAHAHA my boys are almost 15 and 13 and i had to explane to them what a record was lol ....

Oh another thing i just thought of when i was in high school it was cool to have a ghetto blaster / Boom box lol used to take like 12 D cell batterys and once you burned up one set you couldnt afford to buy more and had to use the power cord that was tucked in the back lol....
now they have tiny little ipods ..... that take FILES ... i mean What tha!!! lol

hahaha.

when my Dad died I inherited his stereon system. at the tine it was state of the art, but my god, when i look back now, it was MASSIVE!!! it took up something the size of a tv cabinet, and the speakers were massive. I cant tell you the amount of times I played "living next door to Alice" cranked to full volume just to annoy my mum. (her name is Alice).

my daughter found some of her dad's old tapes. she proceeded to pull them apart cos they were pretty...

Last edited:
Omg, remember Popballs??

Me and my brothers thought we were so awesome when my Mum bought us a Popball..ha.

We used to get locked outside most of the day, but we made our own games up. We played Super heroes mostly.
My dad tricked us when he bought a Video Player and remote, we couldnt figure out how he was changing channels..

Pretty sure we had a Microwave..

Taping songs off the radio, i did allll the time. No cd players.. i think my neighbour got one in 1993 or something when they were new and like $1000 to buy lol

I never had a Mobile Phone until i was about 21 (2001) and never used the internet until about 2 years later..lol

from the day my boys could talk .... they were taught to say please and thank you

Ohhh i have a good one lol ....
the days when providing for your family meant to much more than what you could buy them

we got our 1st mobile phone when our 1st son was born .... so 1995 lol it was about the size of a brick and not much lighter lol oh no colured screens on those babies either lol or internet or cameras lol

igotfrogs, i must admit that i do spoil my daughter. she has every too she could ever want, but part of that stems back to not having much when we grew up.

but yes, things were much less materialistic back then.

Yes, like half a tennis ball ... you put it inside out, and it popped into the air. Popping on peoples heads was always fun.
hehe.

Sel i not so long ago got some of those for the boys lol ... they are still out there

Let's not forget
- vinyl car seats in the middle of summer OUCH!!!
- leaving home at sparrow f@#t in the morning on your bike and not getting home til just before dark and it being SAFE.
- records - before tapes.
- mascara that you spat in to wet up before applying (I kid you not!!!)

Anyway.. enough reminiscing... I agree that kids and the not so childlike have it much easier in this era but I'd trade it all for a week of the less stress lives we used to have.

Sel i not so long ago got some of those for the boys lol ... they are still out there

Awesome :) I think i saw them awhile ago come out again...

Its just one thing i remember from childhood, when mum took us to shops to buy one. We were so excited all day about going..
Its always the little things that kids remember ;)

I also remember when I actually had to 'reply' to a thread instead of just hitting the like button... Seems like that was only last year....

C wrap! I am getting old!

I can remember when a real accomplishment at around age 7 wasn't what technology you got for your birthday, how well you can do your makeup or how much you can walk over your parents. No...
If you could get up to necks in elastics tournaments in the playground, play an entire round on knucklebones on a rainy day without dropping one, swing backwards and forwards on one leg or both 360 degrees around on the monkey bars, cop a graze on the knee without a single tear and still keep kicking butt in the game... that was an achievement. That was being a kid.

lmao I used to 360 around the monkey bars .... Then flip myself off and land on my feet .... Well wasn't monkey bars was parallel bars .... Then I started doing two in a row .... Then I went for 3 in a row built up to much speed lost my grip came off and broke both bones in my wrist LOL ..... Oh those where the days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back