Illawarra reptile society's annual show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inviting all my friends and family. Need to make it a big turn out!!!!

im really over DECCW. their rules are starting to spoil this hobby. starting to think that DECCW are full of greenies that dont want us keeping snakes. maybe someone should point out to them that most captive snake live alot longer than snakes in the wild. Fay did they give a reason as to why venomous snakes couldnt be displayed at your show? i know in the past that they have been displayed at other shows/expo's

its ok wranga. At least there will be a show. In NSW it is illegal for petshops to display reptiles so the fact that there will be normal non ven reps there on show and for sale is a huge win for us. Hopefully in the future the DECCW can see that there will be no probs in displaying ven reps. With all the theft of reps at shows it is probably for the best.

Illawarra reptile societys annual reptile show

illawarra show.jpgILLAWARRA REPTILE SOCIETYS ANNUAL REPTILE SHOW

WHEN : sunday 10th april 2011 - 10am - 3.00pm

WHERE : kembla grange race course, princess highway kembla grange.

WHATS HAPPENING : reptile displays, reptile sales, reptile shows, wildlife displays,
reptile shops / products, reptile jewellery, pottery, raffles lots of
them, bbqs, food & drinks available.

COSTS : family $25.00, single $10.00, child $5.00

TRANSPORT : drive to kembla grange or catch a train is also available as the show is
across the road from the station, BUT YOU MUST LET THE GUARD KNOW
YOU WANT TO GET OF AT KEMBLA GRANGE.

EFTPOS FACILITIES : there are atm machines available at dapto a 2 minute drive from
the show, eftpos machines will be available at some stores.

this show has grown in the past two years & hopefully this year
will be even bigger hope to see everyone there, cheers chris.

im really over DECCW. their rules are starting to spoil this hobby. starting to think that DECCW are full of greenies that dont want us keeping snakes. maybe someone should point out to them that most captive snake live alot longer than snakes in the wild. Fay did they give a reason as to why venomous snakes couldnt be displayed at your show? i know in the past that they have been displayed at other shows/expo's

i think you mean "animal rights" or "animal liberationists"
the greens party is ok with keeping reptiles, in fact it is policy that such native animals are preferable pets to cats etc.
i believe there may be some venomous snakes shown by a licenced exibitor.

regardless it is going to be a great day. if last year is an indication, there will be literally thousands of people getting see a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians.
see you all there

It certainly will be a fantastic day and I am really looking forward to it.
Should be a great selection of animals for sale and display.

I will be selling some of mine (Garth's) , so come and say hello.

Yeah, I've never been, but as I will be driving down from Canberra as it's my home town and dragging my mate and mum along, even though she refuses to get close to my snake, but is ok with my bearded dragons.. I think I remind her of her brother who is a herptologist in NZ :)

So who's going? I'll be there all day on a table next to fishead

I'm coming and will be bringing my wife, brother in law an mother in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back