Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Well its a fair way away yet but on the 15th of February i will be going to QLD for a 10 day holiday (i have not had one in 4 years) and i am getting pretty excited about it.

I know for all of you that live in QLD must be saying why is Camo getting so excited about going to QLD? Well the simple fact that there is theme parks, TimeZone and my favourite restaurant SIZZLERS, well that is enough for me to go already.

I will also be doing some gun shooting, the sling shot, vomatron and a few other fun bits and pieces. You QLD people also have really good Mini Golf centres.

I will be going to the Wax Museum and Australia Zoo and Currumbin.

Well my question is what other stand outs in QLD do you reccommend i try?

Cheers

Cameron

i loved the shopping there its even good for guys if u like brand name clothes
if not its not really worth it lol

i went to all the theme parks, the zoo, and shops, then went to some place that had really really really good gelati but i dont know where it was lol

i also went out on the jet skiis i dont no where abouts it was but id reccomend it if i were u coz the beaches are really nice!

have fun!

Hire the mini choppers for the day, i think they cost aorun $100 for a day and about $8 in fuel for the whole day and if theres a few people they are about as funa s anything(If your sense of humour is a good one) they kept 4 of us amused for a whole day racing and causing a bit of michief

Go to Dracula's at the Gold Coast! We have been there twice and it is a really fun night!

you must take loads of pics at Australia Zoo for us, especially of the Merten's!! (please)

dude if u coming here to go to sizzlers. then prepared to be severly dissapointed. we went to the sizzler at toowong about 3 weeks ago. and we then had to go to maccas on teh way home. the food was rubbish. barely any salads and barely any choice. i remember years and years ago it was great. but not now.

You might be interested in Snakes Down Under at Childers
Where abouts is it Bredlislave?
Revolving restaruant at Surfers is awesome. Gotta do the sling shot and af course the theme parks and zoo's.
Yeah i have done the slingshot a few times before. I love it.
fighting spirit? someone can't handle there piss is more like it. :p
No mate i just know alot of people and i am sure other people will aggree that some people get very angry on the Bundy. I personally cant stand the taste of it so it has nothing to do with not being able to handle the piss. I love beer plain and simple. :lol:

dude if u coming here to go to sizzlers. then prepared to be severly dissapointed. we went to the sizzler at toowong about 3 weeks ago. and we then had to go to maccas on teh way home. the food was rubbish. barely any salads and barely any choice. i remember years and years ago it was great. but not now.
Really, all the times i have been in Sydney i have gone to Sizzlers and loved it. Maybe you just got them on a bad day.

Draculas? :shock::shock: You'd have to be bored to be considering that! The themeparks are all fun, but GC nightlife is mostly crap nightclubs, and pissed-up idiots looking for trouble. Outside of the southend (Burleigh to Cooly), the GC smokes pipe. Badly.

Are you looking for nightlife/lights, or just more general things to do? Do you surf? Looking to herp?

- Nthn NSW has way more to offer (not Byron, that's a cesspit of BMW X5s and pseudo hippies :)). Try the Brunswick Hotel on a Sun arvo for probably the best beer garden in Australia. Ok surf and good fishing too. Good fishing in the Tweed River too - lots of Bream and Jacks are coming on up further. Good old pub in Tumbulgum too ( right on the Tweed). Hire tinnies on the Tweed and in Currumbin Creek (lots of flathead, bream and whiting).

- Both Nthn NSW and the GC hinterland have great opportunities for herping (just look through the herping threads). Lamington and Springbrook especially.

- While you are up this way, you might consider climbing Mt Warning. Quick drive from the Goldy or stay for dirt cheap at http://mtwarningholidaypark.com/site/rates/ which is at the foot of the mountain (and a 5min drive to the carpark at the base). Have an early night and get up there by sunrise. It really is the goods.

mtwarn017.jpg

- Sunny Coast is better than the Goldy too. :D Surf isnt as good, but the fishing is. Plenty of hinterland to explore too.

- If you've got time on your hands, gotta get across to Straddie. My favorite place in Qld. Excellent surf, and great beach fishing. Become a bit overrun by yuppies, but the true locals are a good bunch. Here's some herp info;

Reptiles
About 16 species of snakes occur on North Stradbroke Island. Species most likely to be encountered include the carpet python (Python spilotes); green tree-snake (Dendralaphis punctulatus); and the red-bellied black snake (Pseudechis porphyriacus). The death adder (Acanthophis antarcticus) is well distributed but is uncommon. Several species of sea snakes also occur.
Larger lizards which may be encountered include the sand monitor (Vanarus gouldii); lace monitor (V. varius) and bearded dragon (Amphibolurus barbatus), but many species of skinks are also present.
The long-necked tortoise (Chelodina longicollis) frequents permanent swamps and lakes and is the only land tortoise present. Green turtles (Chelonia mydas); and loggerhead turtles (Caretta caretta) can sometimes be seen in Moreton Bay or in the off-shore waters near Point Lookout.

Hope that helps you out.

Dont forget - you can get 4ZZZ on your radio from the nth Goldy through to the Sunshine Coast. 102.1FM :D
f_la20dc9d60cm_7c7c804.jpg

how bout go see some real qld? maybe go to the daintree or a national park? u cant go past any of the whitsunday islands, or any reef trips.

No i will not be doing any herping or fishing or anything like that. I do enough of that around here so this holiday will just be a relaxing one i am thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back