I'm just.. So happy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I officially feel like a herp keeper now. I feel I have reached a point in my life where i have been welcomed into the world of keeping reptiles. I am now one of you.

My first Cameroon Scam.

Hello
I got a call from a friend in Brisbane who saw your ad and he gave your address.Well as a matter of fact I had 5 pairs but now left with 3pairs (parents and 2 pairs babies) and I am having a lot of difficulties taking care of them because I am busy with a project with WWF.We are tracking a rare bird specie called the Bannerman's turaco here in Cameroon.Please I have been looking for someone to adopt them .We are so busy with work such that we hardly have time for them.that is why we have decided to give them for adoption.Selling animals is not our thing and we feel it is not right.My husband and I have decided to give only to someone caring and serious .Handling them is fun.I just shipped the other pairs to my friend who was willing to adopt them and so asked him to get someone back home who needs them too..I was in Brisbane recently but as earlier mentioned I am now out of the country with my husband for this project.Please if you are interested then reply me OK so we can arrange on how you can get them.Shipping cost for 1 or a pair is $115 to Australia.Hence there is no difference shipping 1 or a pair.It will be a relieve for us if f you can accept all the pairs.Please we will be grateful if you take care of the shipping fee.I have a CITES permit issued by the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Water Resources back home in Australia.I therefore have the permit to ship back home on NON-COMMERCIAL BASIS.That is one of the reasons why I do not and I am not selling them.All I am asking of you is to assist me first of all financially to cover part of the shipping expenses and secondly materially to provide a home for the dragons.There are other expenditures which I will personally cover such as insurance ,certificate of transfer of property etc.My friend paid approx $230 ( $115 per pair) to ship the other pairs and equipment to my friend through Brisbane airport.It might a bit higher or lower depending on your location or nearest airport from where you can pick them up.Please get back to us if interested for details.
Thanks a lot and just hope I found the right person.I hereby attach their pictures .We will also like to know the kind of accommodation you will offer the dragon as well as your experience.
Best regards
Wilma and Mark

I thank you, Wilma and Mark, i will be sure to get back to you soon.
Douche bag

No I am going to play them for a while.

I used to be part of a prank forum, and on that forum we played a game called scam the scammer. Every scam email we received, we would play with the person on the other end, in a competition for "Trophy pictures" Which normally consists of the scammer holding up a sign saying your user name and a funny slogan after it.

Going to give it a go with these people.

I replied last night, will update with further emails

"Omg wow thats heaps cool! how can I go about doing this? I want to do it asap so that I don't miss out!"

This was my reply, I try to sound very keen, also, try not to ask too many questions, as they may find out your sketchy about it. Just act stupid, not hard for me :)

lol, keep us updated. Sounds like telemarketers...god they're fun to screw round with.

How this 36 million dollars gos to these people every year - show how many people are foolish enough to believe these scams.

UPDATE

Hello there
Thanks for the reply.You sound like sound who is really interested.My husband and I have talked it over and we have decided to give you a try.I am also sorry for the late reply,I had to contact the shipping agent for some information.We will be shipping the dragons to you from the Douala International airport ,Cameroon to your nearest airport,Australia.So after reading your mail,I contacted the shipping agent and gathered some information.He said that their next shipment will be leaving for Sydney on Friday 29th August 2008 and will arrive Sydney airport on Friday night after a transit in Auckland,New Zealand.From there a connection flight will take the dragons to your nearest airport on Saturday morning 30th August 2008.The exact shipping will be calculated based on your nearest airport.So I took the liberty of reserving a place for the dragons while waiting for your accord.If you are OK with this program then send to me the following details

your full names
Your contact details
your postal address
Your reptile keepers license
Your nearest airport
The number of dragons you need(we have 3pairs ie 6 in number)
Name of person who will pick up the dragons from the airport

Once I get these details I will forward them to the shipping agent who will then contact you personally with details on flight ,crate labeling and numeration ,pick up code and procedure ,payment details and other important details you will need to know about the shipment.You will pay the shipping fee directly to the shipping agent.We will be leaving for the forest for some work next week so we will absolutely like to relocate the dragons before we leave.So please get back to us as soon as you read this mail .Please do not forget to include the above requested details.Thank you so much for replying .You just can't imagine how hard it has been for us and we really hope and pray that you will adopt and take care of the dragons .Hope to read from you soon
Thanks
Wilma

May I just point out that if the cargo is leaving the air port on friday, then stopping off at new Zealand first, I highly doubt it will be ready to be picked up the next morning.

My reply.

your full names: Cameron Laing
Your contact details: 0404234860
your postal address 15 Grove Street, Hibbitsin.
Your reptile keepers license: RK 55837122
Your nearest airport: Sydney
The number of dragons you need(we have 3pairs ie 6 in number): 6
Name of person who will pick up the dragons from the airport: Tim

Hey also, my dad isn't too sure if your a real person, could you please hold up a piece of paper saying "hey rocky" or something like that? ANd take a photo? I know it seems silly but dad is just making sure. When do I need to send the money? Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey also, my dad isn't too sure if your a real person, could you please hold up a piece of paper saying "hey rocky" or something like that? ANd take a photo? I know it seems silly but dad is just making sure. When do I need to send the money? Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
too quick - you may have scared them off.
And be very careful

Nah, only real thing there is my Name. (which is in my email address so I cant really fake that lol)

hahaha, this is hilarious, did you give them your real phone number or reptile licence details? cant wait to hear more lol

Also, I know i may have asked too soon, but this guy acted fast too, saying that when he gets the details he is handing over to the shipping people. So i had to snag him then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back