im sick of people saying.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
If they were in the wild :rolleyes: point being they r not and never have been in the bloody wild! i hav had many people say 2 me if they were in the wild they wouldnt hav a heater....they wouldnt have food on a certain day blah blah....the way i see it is my snakes were born in enclosures, live in enclosures and basically depend on me for their comfort. Im happy, their happy so who cares.

I've got a few and I'm sure plenty of others have ones that were in the wild. Either way, it's true.

hmm....i guess what i meant 2 say was alot were not born in the wild....lol

In the wild they have there own ways of surviving, because we are enthusiasts and we keep them as family and pets we need to play there god so to speak we need to let them know it's day or night summer winter when food comes along and when it's not, to many ppl have opinions that don't know, it's just like saying dogs don't need a kennel or food bowls clean water but we do these things to enable the best for our animals, if they have cats ask them if they have a tree in there house for it to climb cause in the wild that's what they do lol

If they were in the wild :rolleyes: point being they r not and never have been in the bloody wild! i hav had many people say 2 me if they were in the wild they wouldnt hav a heater....they wouldnt have food on a certain day blah blah....the way i see it is my snakes were born in enclosures, live in enclosures and basically depend on me for their comfort. Im happy, their happy so who cares.

Its the DECCW, EPA ,CALM and the others that start these wildlife rumours off they should be tar and feathered!

Haha ohh Ronda, you're clearly new here. We are all here for our love of reptiles, if you can't contribute, please leave....

I agree with montysrainbow, the people who understand the least often have the strongest opinions, best to just ignore them

So as some of mine were wild caught do I have to keep them wild, the biggest problem is herp keepers believing they know better than there herps. How many times do you see threads saying help my herp isn't eating, unfortunately many of the new herpers (under 10 yrs experience) treat reptiles with to much love, they have evolved over millennia in one of the harshest environments known and all of a sudden we get worried if the power goes out for an hour or they don't eat on command, treat your herps a bit harsher and with less love than you do a dog and the herp will thrive. It's more in line with the natural world. My snakes are outside and they live as natural a life as I can provide within the limitations of an aviary. Only those wanting to breed hundreds and make thousands will tell you they are better inside in temp and humidity controlled environments.

I'm sure this thread will run to about 400 pages in two days... I don't see the point in it - if you don't like what others say, don't engage them in conversations, it's that simple. And Ronda (9 posts... you have a very short wick!), keep your eyes on the road ahead - you'll be driving out of here soon enough, whether you like it or not lol!

Jamie

I'm sure this thread will run to about 400 pages in two days... I don't see the point in it - if you don't like what others say, don't engage them in conversations, it's that simple. And Ronda (9 posts... you have a very short wick!), keep your eyes on the road ahead - you'll be driving out of here soon enough, whether you like it or not lol!

Jamie
very true.....

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
well any animal that gives birth to more then one child at a time(on avg) has a very high death rate, i mean 1 pair of snakes making roughly 10 eggs every second season over say 10 years and the numbers in the wild are going down....obviously saying "well what happens in the wild?" is kinda stupid i mean in the wild they die....now i for one dont want to have 9/10 snakes i get die on me within a year or 2. apart from the fact i love the animals i just wouldn't be able to afford it. so i tend to treat them a little better then they would get in the wild.

well any animal that gives birth to more then one child at a time(on avg) has a very high death rate, i mean 1 pair of snakes making roughly 10 eggs every second season over say 10 years and the numbers in the wild are going down....obviously saying "well what happens in the wild?" is kinda stupid i mean in the wild they die....now i for one dont want to have 9/10 snakes i get die on me within a year or 2. apart from the fact i love the animals i just wouldn't be able to afford it. so i tend to treat them a little better then they would get in the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

but in saying that i dont go running to a generator if the power goes out and i do like to mix up feeding days and heating times so its not so routine

Hahaha it's ok Montysrainbow, I like you :D hahaha the amount of nice people on this forum just keeps escalating! Stop being so nice, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back