Immediate help needed?!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous_RBB

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a bredli hatchy and we woke this morning to find his head shaking around and loss of balance, he is our first hatchy and have read up everything about them, he is our third snake, he is in a small click clack with a few boxes to hide in, he is too quiet for a hatchy, especially him.
Please help...
Temp Hot end: 34 degrees
Temp cool end: 25 degrees
He has been active, handled etc, but not for a few days as he ate, then he went milky so havnt handled him, waiting for him to shed.

How long have you had it? Head shaking and lose of balance is sometime associated with a viral infection.

Good luck getting answer's mate. Otherwise a vet trip might be in order if he does not improve!

1 week sunday night, he barely has any muscle movement, he is limp... :(

Edit - small amount of tounge flicking.

i am most likely going to take him to the vet, but wanted to ask first

1 week sunday night, he barely has any muscle movement, he is limp... :(

Edit - small amount of tounge flicking.

i am most likely going to take him to the vet, but wanted to ask first

Hope you have observed isolation/quarantine from your other snakes!
From what you have said it could well be viral.

Other than that if it had been over heated it may well show simular symptoms.

Make sure you quarrantine it from your others (if it isnt already) incase whatever it is can be transmitted. I hope all ends well

I dont have him anywhere near the other snakes, all of our snakes are seperate and housed in different rooms.

He is not a stupid snake, he stays under the heat to warm up and then will go in the cool end. It isnt that small that he cannot escape the heat, he is only 3, nearly 4 months old.

Edit - It is common sense to quarantine animals, Yes I have done that with all 4 of my reptiles :/
I have also completed animal courses which show you how to quarantine properly.....

Make sure you quarrantine it from your others (if it isnt already) incase whatever it is can be transmitted. I hope all ends well
If it was not done originally is its a waste of time doing it now!

I would definately get it to a vet. Thats the same symptoms our adult jungle started with, it got progressively worse until we lost her. By progressively worse i mean i got her out to check her and i knew something wasnt right, 6 hours later she was gone :( these creatures depend on us completely for their care and being able to know when there is something wrong.
Good luck!

Kayte Xo

Please read above -.-

I was making comment on the post that 'slide' made, trying to quarantine an animal from others after something has shown up is futile.

The fact that you have stated that you do indeed have a barrier from your others should work in your favour. Good luck with it all.

Thanks everyone took him to the vet and he said it is a neurological problem but it can be fixed and we have medicines etc for him.
He however could still go down hill. I will not be buying from that breeder again as I explained everything to the vet, letting him know we only had him a week. He said that it was most likely from the breeder as my temperatures etc are perfectly fine.
Anyway, the main thing is, he "should" recover, will keep everyone updated....
Poor little man :(

Just maintain complete isolation as neuro probs are one of the advanced signs of the leathal virusus.
As a suggestion if it dies keep it chilled (not frozen) and send it for testing just to be on the safe side!

Last edited:
Ah that's pretty bum luck.
Maybe a call to the breeder would be a wise move? I don't think it's fair that a snake falls sick a week after you bought it and have to pay it's full medical costs.

I would agree to contact the breeder, not just because of the medical costs but to warn them they may potentially have a big problem.

Hi guys, we just lost him, I am here balling my eyes out, he was just such a little fighter and we are so sad he has died (Obviously). We will be contacting the breeder, definitely. Snakes are my favourite reptiles and are my favourite animal in general, I hate seeing ones that are not mine dead, let alone my own tiny lifeless snake.
The vet assured me that I did all I could but I still feel I did not do enough and I cannot believe he has gone.

Thank you all for your help.

So sorry to hear the bad news, my condolences - it's always hard seeing a life lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back