Incompetence of DECC

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it normally take for new record books to be sent out? Sent mine start of march and still waiting! LOL!

Vic maybe quick sometimes to approve a licence but we still can only pay by cheque or money order by post.

God does that mean i have to get a money order every year? i was hoping the renewal would have bpay or something? or (fingers crossed) you mean the initial payment only?
(pls say initial only...) :p

How long does it normally take for new record books to be sent out? Sent mine start of march and still waiting! LOL!
Don't you mean April?
I posted mine on 8th April and got a new one back on 21st which is pretty good considering Easter and my terribly slow rural mail.
Give them a call or email - last year mine got lost in the mail so I called them up and they sent a new one straight away.

I have never really had a problem with DECC - they answer my emails straight away and are helpful when I call.
You have to also remember it isn't the staff's fault. I'm a public servant in administration and I know what its like to be understaffed and underfunded. For example my office is the size of a toilet cubicle with lighting that is well below standard and has no window so its dark and hurts my eyes and I have no cupboards so all my files are in piles on the floor, while having to do three people's jobs :shock: :lol: These positions aren't very well paid either and there is so much red tape etc that it makes it very hard sometimes.

There has also been a dramatic increase in reptile keepers in the last few years and DECC haven't appeared to put on any additional staff to keep up - jmo.

Last edited:
i was lucky. My 1st and new application for reptile license took 5 minutes. I live around the corner from the licensing office for whole WA. :). just had to hand over forms and money and wait 5 mins for them to check, stamp and authorise it.

I have had no problems with DECC licence took sixteen days from fax to mailbox. Record book 6 days from sending the old one to getting the new one in the mail.

Been on phone to card company to see if any card issues on the day (received mail post work friday so no time to ring before now) and they tried to bill me for two years $60 instead of $30.

Took 6 days for mine to come back as well. I was quite pleased with DECC this year :)

Does any one know what an import permit cost to get 2 hatchies from Queensland to Vic?????
Cheers

Had a similar thing happen when my wife finally applied for her reptile licence here in qld, she filled out the form correctly but for some reason they used her middle name as her first name and gave her a licence for birds not reptiles. Must have been a friday job lol.

yeah i havent really had any problems with them. every thing has been done for me within a pretty acceptable time frame and with out hassle. might just be bad luck? but yeah i havent had a problem, or any of my friends for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back