Inconsiderate people ... =(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss - but one question, what was your bird doing out on the road in the first place? (I'm not copping attitude with you - just honestly curious)

Sorry for your loss - but one question, what was your bird doing out on the road in the first place? (I'm not copping attitude with you - just honestly curious)

Yeah thats ok, fair enough question.
We werent actually on the road. we were a good distance away from the road. we'd taken him everywhere with us since he hatched and had just gotten used to walking everywhere as far away from roads as possible, for that reason.
But because he'd never really learned to fly, he also didnt know how to land straight.
he was on my shoulder, and im not sure how, but he slipped off and stuck his wings out to land, but skimmed along the ground for a good distance and landed on the road.
=(

Sorry for your loss but..
How would you be feeling right now if someone had stopped and that caused a huge accident and a small child was killed. yes there are plenty of morons that do not give a dam but there was also probably people that had other drivers tale gating them and could not stop.. we will never know.
I hate when i have had to hit an animal but sometimes it is totally unavoidable. if you swerve at high speed to avoid a bird you are more than likely going to be out of control for the few seconds afterwards and then anything can happen.
Look at at that you gave the liitle fella a life he would never had if you did not ahve him cause he would have been left by his parents once they found he was weak..

Sorry for your loss but..
How would you be feeling right now if someone had stopped and that caused a huge accident and a small child was killed. yes there are plenty of morons that do not give a dam but there was also probably people that had other drivers tale gating them and could not stop.. we will never know.
I hate when i have had to hit an animal but sometimes it is totally unavoidable. if you swerve at high speed to avoid a bird you are more than likely going to be out of control for the few seconds afterwards and then anything can happen.
Look at at that you gave the liitle fella a life he would never had if you did not ahve him cause he would have been left by his parents once they found he was weak..

Yeah i see your point, and i know what ya mean. i've had a dog (my dads) that got run over when i was younger, and it was an accident - lots of traffic, main rd, people couldnt stop without causing an accident, and thats fair enough. unfortunate, but an accident.
but that being said, it was fairly light traffic, and a 40km zone.
and also a lady that ran out onto the road to get the cars to slow down/stop further down from where i was. so by the time they got to where i was with the little bird, they were easily going slow enough/had enough time/space between cars to stick the breaks on and not cause a drama. thats whats got me grumpy.

aswell, i posted that pretty soon afterwards. having a few days past, and a little time to get over things. im a lot less mad and lots more rational - maybe they were distracted and didnt see, maybe they were having car issues and couldnt break in time, maybe they tried to stop, and 1st instinct was to just go over the top of him so they didnt break and squish him everywhere... i dunno. im sure they didnt run him down on purpose...
anyways, it was a horrible experience all around and i wish people would pay a little more attention on the roads.

Last edited:
Yeah i see your point, and i know what ya mean. i've had a dog (my dads) that got run over when i was younger, and it was an accident - lots of traffic, main rd, people couldnt stop without causing an accident, and thats fair enough. unfortunate, but an accident.
but that being said, it was fairly light traffic, and a 40km zone.
and also a lady that ran out onto the road to get the cars to slow down/stop further down from where i was. so by the time they got to where i was with the little bird, they were easily going slow enough/had enough time/space between cars to stick the breaks on and not cause a drama. thats whats got me grumpy.

far enough yep i agree morons this time and the rest would still to this day not even noticed a lady or a bird on the road as they were in their own world not paying any attention

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I swear I almost cried when I read this :(
People nowadays are just so inconsiderate and pathetic... I was in a training course for my Wildlife Carer course yesterday and one of the ladies told me that they got a call and some guy was bragging about running over a snake - what an effing a-hole!! People are just so disrespectful and careless nowadays, they only worry about themselves
He was a gorgeous lorikeet and I know he will be remembered by everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back