Incubation Temps Determine Sex In Thick Tailed Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will take a few years to finsh what i have started with this, But I hope to find out

Keep going, it's interesting.
You will need many replicated to draw any conclusions. Good work.

Keep going, it's interesting.
You will need many replicated to draw any conclusions. Good work.

Real interesting mate I look forward to checking these out & sharing info in the near future...........

Just checked Incubator and another thick tail has hatched I will work out hatching time ect and post soon

Onya Shannon,...Will do the same on my lot to compare. Might only get one pos two clutches this yr...who knows. Just chucked the first sluggo's out,...mould after 2 weeks.

The hypo x het pairing clutch should be layed soon,...I found the female that held onto them for 3 months layed when temps got to 30+ on those hot days. So I have cranked the laying tub up a few degrees to around 30 in hot end and 24 cold end.

Good luck on your clutches mate. Keep us posted.

Ok number 3 came out after 59 days at 26deg cel. The first two hatchies are going strong.

3rd hatchie thicktail 001.jpg3rd hatchie thicktail 002.jpg3rd hatchie thicktail 003.jpg3rd hatchie thicktail 004.jpg

Possibly a few long term breeders on the gecko forum that may be able to give you input.
I'm sure danny brown has probably taken a few notes in his time breeding also.

Cheers Brett and Gem, 3 more Are due out over the few days so expect more pics

Some pics of hatchies taken tonight
Reptile pics to resize and order 020.jpgReptile pics to resize and order 019.jpg

Here's the rest

Reptile pics to resize and order 022.jpgReptile pics to resize and order 023.jpgReptile pics to resize and order 025.jpgReptile pics to resize and order 026.jpg

It has been interesting to see so far there has been a huge difference in hatching times at 26 deg cel still more to hatch!!

Last edited:
Hey mate, since i last posted two more clutches have hatched one at 51 days and one at only 49 days, temp was still at 29c.

Hey mate, since i last posted two more clutches have hatched one at 51 days and one at only 49 days, temp was still at 29c.

Thanks for the update I find this very interesting and carn't wait till next season. Any Pics of your Hatchies?

Hey Shannon, They're the new Super Blue ThickTail Morph ;)

Nice bubs mate,

Edit,...Making fun on the word Super being used on another thread n they sortta have a bluey tinge :)

Last edited:
Just checked the incubator and another has hatched from different clutch at 66 days. There is still on egg left to hatch from each clutch layed on the 14/12/2010 out of four eggs 1 @ 59 days 1 @ 66 days waiting on 2 eggs to hatch.

I will get pics of new arrival soon and post

#4 Hatchie I just checked the other egg in this clutch and has collapsed so fingers crossed it show show soon

4th Hatchling Thickie 001.jpg4th Hatchling Thickie 002.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back