Incubators?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zen

Can someone please recommend a good incubator?

Cheers, zen

How much do ya want to spend?

Converted Fridges are good and cost effective, can make them look really good too, if it's not an old crappy one to start with.

i bought a Brinsea Octagon 20 digital...yet to use it yet but here's hoping

An old wine cooler.
It has the insulation of a fridge but comes with the bonus of a glass door for viewing.

You cant beat a converted fridge IMO.

Foam fish transporting esky with a heat chord and a microclimate probe thermostat.

Cheap as chips and very effective.

Thanks heaps guys.

Some good suggestions there. I'm running out of time so can anyone recommend a ready-made brand or model that works well.

Cheers

zen

zen if you are in a hurry you can borrow mine. It looks like im not going to have eggs this year

Zen

I had to make an emergency incubator on Monday. I merely got an esky, some heat cord and a probe thermostat just as sherman said above. It works perfectly. Although only big enough for 1 clutch. There are instructions on how to set it up on the URS web site. It took 7 minutes (once you have the thermostat & heat tape that I already had). Of course, with the foam esky you are more willing to drill hoels for the thermostat & tape so that would be better but we couldn't find one on short notice.

2nd Teamsherman. like the cornflakes advert "the simple things in life are often the best!" :)

Thanks

Thanks alot for your help guys.

Much appreciated :D

zen if you are in a hurry you can borrow mine. It looks like im not going to have eggs this year
Thanks Junglemad, that's a very kind offer 8)
I'll try & knock one up if I can, but I've only got a few days I reckon, so if I need to I'll contact you. Cheers mate :)

Thanks Peter, I don't have a thermostat or heat tape but it's good to know that it'll only take a jiffy once I get them.

Good on you Tim. That's a great link!
It's very clearly set out and looks like a simple, easy to construct design.

Terrific response people.
Very generous of you all. :D

Kind regards, john

Hey Zen, just curious (prolly missed a few threads) but whats gravid? ..Congrats in any case. :)

Instar asked:-
...just curious (prolly missed a few threads) but whats gravid?

It means the same as pregnant.

From late 16th century Latin "gravidus" ~ gravis = "heavy" :wink:

:lol: zen
(the laughing Buddha)

Congrats in any case.
Thanks for the sentiment Instar. 8)

And thanks Geckodan, I was keen to checkout prefab options.
They look good :)

Cheers, zen

re Incubators?

The commercial incubators are expensive and even the smaller ones zen,The two foam fish foam boxes taped together with a matt on the bottom sitting on wood slats works fine.The best of the best is a fridge and even better is one of those commercial glass front ones zen,you pull the motor out of the bottom like a box it contains the fans in it too.They are made to be repaired quick for commercial maintainance,put two heat pads on the botom and the leads to these through the two air vents on bottom and then plug the two air vent holes with styrofoam traced out of a foam fish box. At the back half way up youll find a plugg hole for electrics,drill that out with a round metal cutting hole saw and place a rubber gromett in it from a auto store,put thermometer leads and such through that and computer fan and etc if you want one. Takes a couple of hours stufing round mainly getting the right fridge and stuff ,good luck reptile hatcher :)

re Incubators?

Oh yeh Budd, whats up the duff laying low with a bun in the oven :lol:

Thanks for that wrap there Zulu.

I'm keeping mum for the mo. I don't want to jinx the lay bro. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back