Incubators?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zen said:
Thanks for that wrap there Zulu.

I'm keeping mum for the mo. I don't want to jinx the lay bro. 8)
PMSL theres a few Bros around MT Druitt if ya need eny zeny :lol:

zulu said:
PMSL theres a few Bros around MT Druitt if ya need eny zeny :lol:

I hear they are all going to a bbq at 12pm this sunday.

Meet at cronulla beach, and its a baseball theme, so bring your bats!!!! ;) lol

i have seen the URS design. it does not look like it would work to well but belive it or not its the best working one i have seen besides one that would cost you between $1000-$1500

Thanks for the road-test Bikie:-
its the best working one i have seen

The D.I.Y that Tim put up in post #209905 of this thread looks excellent.

I'm trying to throw something together now.

Edit: Zulu - I'm into chicky babes big time as you may have noticed in my intro, being the father or 11 with the next one due in a few days/weeks.
What a naughty Buddhist :wink:
It's time I tried my hand at breeding reptiles.

Cheers zen

re Incubators

Wish there was more chicy babes here zen,some of ours look like they been a few rounds in the ring :lol: You guys sound like you soughted out something but i had these pics taken already.In one pic closeup you can see how the stinky back under tank matts are placed together and the leads go through the bottom where the motor was so theres no wiring necessary which makes it a really quick operation.You can see where its had the foam pushed into the hole to block it effectively.This is just to give people ideas,jungle freak had the most simplistic and effective ive seen,just a tall fridge with various sheves with two blue lights on the bottom from each side and no fan.He has the thing working within 2c he says and his hatching rate is very high,100% of bhps in the last 3 years and numerous jungles,you cant beat simplicity. Cheers colin. Ps theys sticky back matts not stinky LOLz

Thanks heaps for the pics and generous explanation Colin.

Please excuse the edit but I reconsidered my phrasing. :wink:

I appreciate the images as I'm woking on a fridge conversion right now.

Is that a big bar fridge or a small family fridge?

Cheers john

zen said:
Instar asked:-
...just curious (prolly missed a few threads) but whats gravid?

It means the same as pregnant.

From late 16th century Latin "gravidus" ~ gravis = "heavy" :wink:

:lol: zen
(the laughing Buddha)

Congrats in any case.
Thanks for the sentiment Instar. 8)

And thanks Geckodan, I was keen to checkout prefab options.
They look good :)

Cheers, zen

LMAO Zen, thanks mate but I meant what species of reptile is gravid. Rofl :)

Heres my incubator
very simple and works
Cheers
Roger
IMG_0302.jpg

Wow Roger,

What a treasure chest that is!

:?: Is that a full-sized family fridge conversion?.

I assume that you keep the original door closed most of the time.
How do you ventilate it?

:?: What wattage bulbs are they at the bottom & are they the only form of heat?

Thanks john

I meant what species of reptile is gravid
I know Instar, I was just playing with your ambiguity :wink:

I've got a few gravid species in the pipe-line (excuse the expression) but I don't want to count my chickens before they're laid.
I'm a nervous, superstitious first-time breeder.

Cheers

Incubators

Zen i think you would say mine is about the size of a small family fridge,good to see roger he is a very helpfull guy also private,the eggs on the bottom are his famous "Bin Laden Line BHPs". Cheers colin. (pic is Roger at Nth QLD Herp Meeting)

Hi Zen
Yes , a large fridge
yes , the door was open for the pic only
bulbs are 40 watt each
Large containers hold more oxygen , then every 3 days i
remove the lid and wave them over the container to replace oxygen levels etc and inspect the eggs ,
Also when setting up a incubator like this have temp gauges at 3 levels , top ,middle , bottom ,
so the temps are even as possible my temps vary from 30. to 32 average ,
also try the thermostat sencor probe at different levels untill your temps are as mentioned above ,
takes a bit of fiddling arround , always give your incubators and the containers containing the incubation medium
a dry run for a few weeks to iron out any problems ie moisture levels , temps etc
before introducing clutches for incubation
Roger

If you have multiple reptiles and the incubation periods are overlapping one another. Is their a need for large incubators? For instance, what if you have two different pythons from two different locations, each have laid eggs at roughly the same time and require different incubation temperatures for the clutch of eggs to hatch. Do you choose to lose a certain clutch or make another incubator? or do all pythons roughly have the same incubation temperatures. or for example you have a clutch of eggs from say... bhp's and a clutch of eggs from central beardies at the same time. Do you need mutliple incubators?

Have not yet produced young yet so i am unsure of how incubatio actually works...

Cheers. Lance.

hey zulu ,
ive actually shaved the beard off now mate :lol:

Hi Lance

All australian python egg clutches can be incubated at safe temps from 30c to 32 c as far as i know so why not incubate them all together if possible .

Green Tree Pythons , Albino pythons ,Olives and Darwin Carpets could be the exception to the above ? and require specific incubation techniques and temps to which i have no experiance with so maybe someone else here can help in this area , etc , cant help with your central beardies either as i have never hatched this species before ,
Cheers Roger

Fans

Hi Guys,
One feature i don't have on my esky incubator is a fan. Where can I get one that is small enough to fit into a small space and runs off 240volts? I went to Dick Smiths and asked about their computer fans but they seem to need a lower voltage. Just need something to move the air around without being too fierce. Any ideas?
Bob

Thanks heaps Roger,

The info you've given is invaluable.
It's just the level of detail I needed. :D

Much appreciated.

Cheers zen

hey dude i convertered an esky but put a bulb in there on a thermostat only runs on a 15 watt pilot bulb cheap too run yet looking tooo be successful

Buy a PC fan. 12volt DC. Then buy a cheap transformer to run it off. Problem solved. The hole kit would cost under $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back