Indoor play-areas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the pics Chris1 - you've got a real reptile retreat going on in your house, eh! I also find it's best to gather up the kids (lizards) when we have visitors; no matter how much they're reminded, visitors always seem to forget that there are lizards loose in the house. Can't blame them I guess; they simply can't appreciate the situation becuase they don't have lizards themselves. Do you mind if I borrow your 'heated wheat bag' beanbag idea? I reckon the kids would LOVE one of their own!
Hey lizardjasper - Sandy, our yellow girl, also loves it under the piano. We have a couple budding musicians, eh? ;) Every now and then (very rarely), we cannot find a lizard of an evening, but we've learnt from experience now not to freak out (trust me, we used to!). They always reappear in the morning under their light, waiting for food :). Mind you, our house isn't huge...
TwentyB, I'll probably pinch your swing idea when I eventually get a snake and have a place of my own - I also enjoy a beer on the deck :):) Hope you don't mind...
For those who free-range their reptiles, is there any way to properly 'toilet-train' them? Has anyone actually succeeded in this? I've tried various media on the floor (patches of atroturf, old towels, etc), but in the end, they just go where and when they want LOL! Luckily, we have lino floors in our rental, so it's not too filthy to clean up. Most mornings we take each lizard outside to do their business and have a hose and bask on their 'outside' log, so usually they leave their mess on the lawn, not the lino.
Cheers for the post guys, and for those who don't free-range, I definitely recommend it!
Nic

That vid is so boring music is stupid cant even hear him talking but i guess thats a good thing he talks so much blah blah lolz

Twenty B that swing is a great idea ... i might start working on one too ;)

to everyone that lets their reptiles move around the house, just one question, how hard is it finding their poop and wee??

must be a mighty big task ...

thats such an awesome idea. ive always wanted to make a room just into a big lizard habitat! maybe when i get my lacie hahaha.... but i dont think id like to have them roaming around the house freely all the time.. im too much a worry wart about losing them :S

hehe, i do my best,.! :)

sure, the heated wheat bags are great, cut the legs off an old pair of jeans in the length u want and most of the work is done! ;) i put thick plastic bags between the heatbags and towels incase they do a second poo for the day.
if im around they generally let me know if they need to go again so i plop them in the sink,....and bam, its out in a second! ;)

mine rarely have 'accidents', maybe 1 a month or less, generally on the tiles in front of their tank,..phew!!, they soak in the bath for 20 mins in the mornings, then once ive finished with the soapy part they join me in the shower, and thats where most of them like to poo (i see a tail lift and slide them over the drain, no mess, no fuss, no stinky house) :
bath time pic, Sabrina had already gone and moved to her windowsill. :) :p

Attachments

• morning bath.jpg
    morning bath.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 46
I seriously love your lizards Chris1. May I ask, perhaps a silly question, are they all females? It's just that if I put all of our males and females together like that, there's be a bloody carnage! It'd be lizard cage-fighting! I wish all of ours got along together, because it's costing us a fortune in tanks.

thats such an awesome idea. ive always wanted to make a room just into a big lizard habitat! maybe when i get my lacie hahaha.... but i dont think id like to have them roaming around the house freely all the time.. im too much a worry wart about losing them :S

Absinthe, just make your house 'lizard-friendly' and then let them have a run around! You'll find that they quickly discover a favourite spot, usually around a warm window area, and then you can set up a basking light above a table of paraphernalia near that window for them to climb over. Seriously, our girls hardly move from their table, except when they run to the side door to be let out for a poo - they always prefer pooing on the lawn under the hose.
Nic

thanks Nic, the beardies are my faves by far!! :)

all girls down stairs, ur situation sounds very familiar, lol...not happening,..!!

.....the boys get a bedroom each. :)

Attachments

• larrys enclosure.jpg
    larrys enclosure.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 42
  • mr's enclosure.jpg
    mr's enclosure.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back