Info wanted on bredli and jungle pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben1200

Reaction score
Just curious interested in buying a new python or two and tossing up between a bredli and a jungle pair what are the minimum enclosure requirements for both as adults and do jungle like bredli need to be kept apart?
What is the true jungle form that only grows to around 5-6 feet?
What are the different forms of jungles?
I know jungles have a bad rep for snappiness.
Cheers ben

as for jungles, a two foot cubed enclosure is huge for most (apart from athertons), there are heeps of different localities, eg atherton. tully, palmerston....etc (there are heeps i wouldnt even know half of them...lol) as for 5-6 ft i think only the athertons get larger then that and all the others are that or smaller, imo the best jungles are the black and golds, some really good ones dont grow larger then 4.5ft. bredlis are a larger species and need a larger enclosure. imo i wouldnt house any of them together.all of what i have said is from what i have learnt, heard and seen as i currently have never kept either species but i am also soon to get my first pair of jungles.

do a search on www.dogpile.com and you will find information about them...steep learning curve indeed. Then ask some of the guys on here that keep them. There are a few of us...and then ask the guys that breed them that have forgotten more than i know about them!!!

As for biting, i feel like a human pin cushion at times but i still love the little buggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back