Injured carpet python needs help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob8290

Hi guys, I don't know if what I am about to do is against site rules but I believe that the well being of this animal is more important.

Today I was chatting to my local vet who has very very limited knowledge of reptiles, he mentioned he picked had a python in and was not sure what it was so I went in and identified it. It is a coastal carpet python to my knowledge and an almost caramel one at that. This python had been caught up in bird wire and has sivere damage to a portion of its body right past the scales down to what I assume is the "flesh". He asked me if I would care for it as he doesn't know how to/want to, I declined saying that I only have 4 months experience in reptiles and wouldn't do it any good. He asked if I knew anyone who does know how to care for it before it can be released back in the wild. So I am asking if there are any experienced reptile carers willing to look after this Gorgous coastal. It is only about 2.5-3 foot long and very calm. I have no photos at this time but if anyone would like to care for it would they be able to message me so we could sort something out. Previous experience with caring for sick and injured reptiles is a MUST and proof will be required. Only problem is where we are located. Kingaroy (4610) if anyone would be kind enough to pick this amazing snake up and care for it please contact me via private messaging. Cheers everyone. PS. He will get ahold of the proper permitting for you to care for it.

I believe so. That's what I'm looking for, he said he will try to contact some as am I. Helpful replies would be appreciate more so then sarcasm.

Besides, there are none local. Not many are willing to travel , the ones He has contacted anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get him as I'm a member of wilvos and have experience.I'm in the sunshine coast but will be in yarraman monday for work....

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Can you get some pics of the wounds ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you certainly are being sarcastic . I googled them and contacted them already and there isn't any in my carers in my area so I have asked of they know of any willing to travel. I guess asking someone on here of they knew anyone that could help was wrong. I'll be sure to never help a native reptile again,my mistake I apologise.

It's a good thing you're doing and there's nothing wrong with not being sure where to start. Good on you for following it up :)

Can you get some pics of the wounds ?

Ryan, I will go back down and get some photos of the wounds but I cannot upload photos as for some reason my phone does not allow me and I do not have a computer so I will email them to you or something of possible?

Rob8290, "Poggle" lives in that area. He might see this and reply or you could send him a PM.

He's a member on this site and a friend of a guy I know. He knows his stuff from what I've heard

I will contact him after I get some photos of the injurys . Cheers. Does he know how to care for injured reptiles from what you've heard ?

I wish I could tell you more Rob, I just know of him through another guy on this site who had a bit to do with him. His responses to posts tend to indicate that he knows what he's doing. I'm sure he will tell you if he's not the person to go to.
When I read your post, he was the first person I thought of. Good luck. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back