Interesting marbled gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeppersGirl

Reaction score
I've had this marbled gecko for nearly three years now, He's had the brightest orange tail and I've noticed he never changes to darker tones like the others do. He also has a different pattern - more like solid lines than fading texture.
I just wonder what's up with him, is he a different locality or should I be trying to breed this guy?

IMG_3061.jpg

Very nice. It's just natural variation (maybe different locality). Oh and he is actually a she ;)

You say that jordo but looking underneath he's not! (Which by the way has me confused... seeing the calcium stores but he also fights with males lol)

nice looking geck u have there i've only seen then that pale colour in the wild but never with the orange

Oh great, now I'm REALLY confused! Maybe I'll just breed him with somone anyway see what turns out :)

Hard to say for sure from the pics, looks like a Christinus and a Gehyra.

I know! I love that target! :)

So... male or female? :D I should probably get that checked on! I didn't think males had calcium stores, but anyway...

IMG_3065.jpg

Last edited:
I think its a female, Iv seen girls with bulges pretty much as big as those, its not common but they can look like that

Oh okay, thanks :) So we all know, I'm generally hopeless at sexing geckos!

Anyone else beg to differ?

that is a hot marbled gecko, if i could find ones like that for sale i would consider owning this, what i have always thought of as a fairly boring, species

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back